Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 13, 2010, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Unfortunately, it doesn't come through. I've been trying to figure out a way to draw it, but can't do it. Maybe we're working too hard on this....
    Yes. Forum can't take pics, of any format, evidently.

Link to my pic here.

Edit: maybe it can.

Sometimes I see a red "x", sometimes I see the image.

Anyway, I can see what is probably the intersection when I Google Pooler, Georgia. There is a Wal-mart (Location "A" is my guess.). I can see the satellite image. Pooler Pkwy. Goes e-w, there is a freeway ramp to the east, There are actually two intersections (either Benton Blvd. or Mill Creek Cir.). Wal-mart to the north of the intersections. One can even see a steet-view. Very interesting and everything, but I don't know where this gets us, as the OP has never returned. :)

Ok. One can get an image from Google Earth. :)
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2010, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Yes. Forum can't take pics, of any format, evidently.

Link to my pic here.

Edit: maybe it can.

Sometimes I see a red "x", sometimes I see the image.

Anyway, I can see what is probably the intersection when I google Pooler, Georgia. There is a Wal-mart (Location "A" is my guess.). I can see the satellite image. Pooler Pkwy. goes e-w, there is a freeway ramp to the east, There are actually two intersections (either Benton Blvd. or Mill Creek Cir.). Wal-mart to the north of the intersections. One can even see a steet-view. Very interesting and everything, but I don't know where this gets us, as the OP has never returned. :)

Ok. One can get an image from Google Earth. :)
    I see both pictures, and I agree 100% that this is what the scenario was. Because I believe that this is exactly as it occurred, I do not believe that the OP has any claim against the other party. She was crossing over numerous lanes of traffic and anybody with a license knows that when you are crossing traffic, you do not have the right of way.

OP states that she was the second car in the left turn lane and had started to make her way into the intersection, the oncoming traffic received a green light in the middle of her turn and one vehicle in particular did not slow down even though she had not cleared the intersection. This would mean that in a matter of mere seconds the arrow first changed to green, then to yellow, and then the oncoming traffic received a green light resulting in an accident. I know from personal experience that yes, arrows can change quickly but based upon what she has posted here, my assumption is that the turn arrow was no longer green when she entered the intersection.

But back to her original question: does she have any recourse against the other driver? Personally, I feel she does not - she was crossing traffic while they were going straight. It was her job to yield, not theirs. As has already been posted, she can have her insurance company look into it or she can sue the other driver herself. My opinion is that she will not be successful in recovering any funds she invests in pursuing this any farther, and will only create more debt and more of a headache for herself.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2010, 06:57 PM

I think it gets us to Walmart, Time to go shopping and forget the accident since he never got back with us

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean when your tongue ring turns green? [ 8 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced two weeks ago and now my tongue is green. What does that mean?

My furnace won't light diagnostic light is green, & yhe thermostat says heat is on [ 1 Answers ]

Any ideas what's wrong it's a coleman mobile home furnace

Finding intersections in graphs [ 1 Answers ]

how do you find intersections in two equations such as x^2/4+y^2=1 and x+y=1

Light turns on & Fan turns off automatically when a remot is installed [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a Hunter remote separately and installed to my ceiling fan. Everything works good except the following problem. I turn on the fan & turn off the light before I go to sleep and in the middle of night the light goes on and fan turns off. This happens a few times until morning when I turn...

View more questions Search