Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Summer1249 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Cocaine possession in GA
    My son was recently pulled over, Clayton Co. GA, and theire was less than an ounce of marijuana and 8.7 grams of cocaine along with sandwich bags and a scale. The street value according to police of the drugs were roughly $450.00. He was charged with possession, sale and intent to distribute. He says he was not aware that drugs were in the car and knows who probably placed them there. Items in the bag included papers with his name anda couple of other individuals who use the vehicle including myself. The vehicle is not registered to him. It is registered to his mother. He was just paroled from prison a month ago. He is devastated and so are we. What can be done to defend this charge? What can happen to the balance of his parole and what are the penalities if he is unable to prove his innonence?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2010, 04:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer1249 View Post
    What can be done to defend this charge?
    Hello S:

Although I don't know the circumstances, I'd try for an illegal search defense.

If he can't beat it, he'll do the time for this crime. When he's done they'll violate him on the old one. Georgia is NOT a good state to get caught with drugs, especially when you just got out of jail.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On probation for possession - caught with possession ? [ 2 Answers ]

Background... first offense probation for possession (over 100 grams) and paraphernalia. Sentence... One year license suspension, one year probation, and some community service. Question... If caught with weed, or if caught being high, or if failing a court order drug test, what are the...

Cocaine addiction [ 1 Answers ]

I need profissional help can somebody tell me what's the fist step

Cocaine addiction [ 6 Answers ]

My friend is an admitted cocaine addict. We have discussed therapy. However I would appreciate advice on my personal approach. I am not sure if I should be disaproving and angry (I don't feel either , just concern) or is a non judgemental approach more supportive How can I help them

Spouse and cocaine use [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I suspect my husband of light cocaine use and want to know what rights I have as far as my children are concerned if we pursue divorce.

Cocaine [ 2 Answers ]

Are there user benefits from the drug crack cocaine? All information would be helpful.

View more questions Search