Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    My mom has dialysis three times a week. We each take a day to go with her.. I see these people coming in by C-Trans or an ambulances they have family but they are too busy to come with them. self awareness is feeling like you are the parent to your mom, because she doesn't want you to leave her there . So you stay and you see her give you that beautiful smile when you sit down out in the waiting area with a book and a thermos of coffee.

Self awareness is talking to an older man who sits there after his treatment for at least two hours until his retired son finishes his golf game. You find out what his favorite books are and sit there with him when he goes back in the past and tells about his days as a professor..A true Southern Gentleman. I look forward to his stories and I realize he enjoys his conversations with me and he corrects my words sometimes.
    He also calls me Caroline, who was his daughter.

i realize my whole family have fallen under his spell..He has grown to realize I care about him.When my brothers or sisters go with my mom he'll ask about me and wonder why I'm not there. It's not a chore it's a blessing. God has given me the words to make him open up to me. I realize there are more important things in life than thinking only about myself. He is eighty two and he has been on dialysis for a long time.

Life is so short...i hope I have been a help to him:)
    Kit you have a heart of gold. There are people who realize what life is truly all about and you are one of them my dear. Keep being yourself, that is enough.

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 12:21 PM
    My mom has dialysis three times a week. We each take a day to go with her.. I see these people coming in by C-Trans or an ambulances they have family but they are too busy to come with them. self awareness is feeling like you are the parent to your mom, because she doesn't want you to leave her there . So you stay and you see her give you that beautiful smile when you sit down out in the waiting area with a book and a thermos of coffee.

Self awareness is talking to an older man who sits there after his treatment for at least two hours until his retired son finishes his golf game. You find out what his favorite books are and sit there with him when he goes back in the past and tells about his days as a professor..A true Southern Gentleman. I look forward to his stories and I realize he enjoys his conversations with me and he corrects my words sometimes.
    He also calls me Caroline, who was his daughter.

i realize my whole family have fallen under his spell..He has grown to realize I care about him.When my brothers or sisters go with my mom he'll ask about me and wonder why I'm not there. It's not a chore it's a blessing. God has given me the words to make him open up to me. I realize there are more important things in life than thinking only about myself. He is eighty two and he has been on dialysis for a long time.

Life is so short...i hope I have been a help to him:)
    Yes, life is very short! I realize that more and more, day by day!

I'm sure that you have been a huge help as well as a blessing to him! Caring about others is most assuredly something about which you do very well!
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 07:59 PM

"Having to be alone and realize that you really aren't alone? That there is always someone who cares, and if needed would be your friend and look after and help you and maybe join with you, in one way or another down the path through life?"

This was closest for me.
    My worth is within me and the few friends I have. I'm not an easy person to befriend, but the people who feel I'm worth it are life long.

I feel if you can be yourself and still have a friend or two your life is worth it. Some things you want will never happen, but you are still worth the long haul, keep on trudging along and be happy in the off time, I am well worth anything that life throws my way.
    Business Expert

Apr 11, 2010, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    "Having to be alone and realize that you really aren't alone? That there is always someone who cares, and if needed would be your friend and look after and help you and maybe join with you, in one way or another down the path through life?"

This was closest for me.
    My worth is within me and the few friends I have. I'm not an easy person to befriend, but the people who feel I'm worth it are life long.

I feel if you can be yourself and still have a friend or two your life is worth it. Some things you want will never happen, but you are still worth the long haul, keep on trudging along and be happy in the off time, I am well worth anything that life throws my way.
    My mentor uncle once said something simple and profound to me:

"If as you go through life you make enough great friends to count on one hand who would give you their shirt when you are cold you are indeed one of the luckiest and richest people in the world."

Stringer
    Business Expert

Apr 11, 2010, 08:21 PM

Just Dahlia agrees: then I'm worth something, or they are:)

That you have worth is beyond question JD. :)
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 08:23 PM
    Right now, I'm feeling very alone, Just Dahlia, et al!

Realizing my own worth? It's quite a task right now...
    Business Expert

Apr 11, 2010, 08:23 PM
    Love is blind and sometimes relentless... :)
    Attached Images

Business Expert

Apr 11, 2010, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post

You are one of the most valuable, thoughtful, caring, talented, sincere, bright, helpful and sensitive persons that I know Clough. And I do not mean sensitive in any negative way at all. You are a necessary cog in our wheel that keeps things going.

Stringer
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 08:53 PM
    Originally Posted by Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    You are one of the most valuable, thoughtful, caring, talented, sincere, bright, helpful and sensitive persons that I know Clough. And I do not mean sensitive in any negative way at all. You are a necessary cog in our wheel that keeps things going.

Stringer
    Well Bless Your Heat, Stringer! :)

It's just not easy for me right now...

Thanks!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post

Stringer
    Clough you are not alone! Did you learn my song?

Self worth.. A man's word is his bond. My dad said this a lot.

Work for what you have, you appreciate it more when it is earned by the sweat of your brow.

Stand for what you believe in even though you may have to stand alone.

Never judge a person until you have stood where he has.

Never, ever look down on anyone else just because they don't believe the same as you.

Love your friends and tell them, often. (Clough.. you are my friend and I do love you)

Love the Lord and thank him for what he has given you.

Love your country.. you don't have to like the politicians..

Never fail to thank someone for a kindness they have done for you.:)
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:07 PM

I think that a great way for anyone to realize his or her own worth is through self talk. Not only that, but finding something that they are truly passionate about and sticking to it, by this I mean values, core beliefs. Our core beliefs are the very foundation of who we are as people, as well as our individual personality traits. Through self talk, one can come to realize what they truly believe in and decide how they want to go about living their lives through those values. And while sincerity is an important thing, I think that the only type of sincerity is the type that actually does the world better, meaning that even though someone can believe it's good, doesn't mean it is. Any person can have the purest intentions, and still end up doing something terrible.
    I also agree that the other things you listed in the original post are great contributing factors. People find themselves worth in many different ways. They are the ones who decide what is important to them. So basically, people measure their own self worth by what's important to them, and hopefully by what benefits everyone for the right reasons.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:15 PM
    Originally Posted by Stringer

Stringer

Self worth.. A man's word is his bond. My dad said this a lot.

Work for what you have, you appreciate it more when it is earned by the sweat of your brow.

Stand for what you believe in even though you may have to stand alone.

Never, ever look down on anyone else just because they don't believe the same as you.

Love your friends and tell them, often. (Clough.. you are my friend and I do love you)

Love your country.. you don't have to like the politicians..

No, I didn't learn your song. But, you're "touching" me in ways that are more powerful and positive than you'll ever know!

Thank you! :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:21 PM

I didn't plan on posting on this thread for the mere reason that it was a lot to think about...
    But I did it because you were worth it, well worth it.

Your not alone, you will never be alone.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:31 PM
    I didn't plan on posting on this thread for the mere reason that it was a lot to think about...
    but I did it because you were worth it, well worth it.

I second that. We're here for you. Love and hugs.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:34 PM
    Originally Posted by Clough

I'm glad that you posted something, JD! :)

Please do post again!

Yeah, a lot of thoughts! I was on a "tear" of sorts when I originally started the thread.

It's just really tough right now...
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:38 PM

Self worth..A man's word is his bond. My dad said this a lot.

Stand for what you beleive in even though you may have to stand alone.

Never, ever look down on anyone else just because they don't beleive the same as you.

Love your friends and tell them,,often. (Clough..you are my friend and I do love you)

Love your country..you don't have to like the politicans..

Heeyyyy... is that part of the song or did you just add that:rolleyes::)
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:41 PM
    Originally Posted by Just Dahlia

I second that. We're here for you. Love and hugs.
    Well, bless your heart, Kit! I'm sitting here balling my eyes out at the computer because of the caring that's going on here!

I never thought that I would get this personal on an online site. But, I guess if there was a site that I would trust people, this would be the site!
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:48 PM
    Well, bless your heart, Kit! I'm sitting here balling my eyes out at the computer because of the caring that's going on here!

I never thought that I would get this personal on an online site. But, I guess if there was a site that I would trust people, this would be the site!
    YouTube - Righteous Brothers "You'll Never Walk Alone" 1965 - 121k -

Watch this.. Goodnight I love you all.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:58 PM
    YouTube - Righteous Brothers "You'll Never Walk Alone" 1965 - 121k -

Watch this.. Goodnight I love you all.
    Unfortunately, Internet connecton here is too slow. Will watch the video when I'm on a higher speed connection
    Business Expert

Apr 11, 2010, 10:01 PM
    Well Bless Your Heat, Stringer! :)

It's just not easy for me right now...

Thanks!

Well...
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

Realize the signs! [ 2 Answers ]

After reading some of the threads, I thought I will start a thread for people to realize when their relationship is coming to a end and maybe other members can ad some signs. If your boyfriend/girlfriend don't want to spend time with you no more than mostly it is coming to a end. If he/she...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search