Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohthequestionsihave Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2006, 07:36 PM
    Free Eye Exam?
    I have no problem paying for my contacts but I really am not up to paying for an eye exam which is ridiculous considering they have my eye glasses prescription. Any body have any ideas of places that have free eye exams?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 2, 2006, 07:37 PM
    When was your last exam? If it was more than a year ago it is possible that your prescription has changed. You could have different changes to the eye other than the prescription.

I do not know of anywhere you can get an accurate exam free.

Dec 2, 2006, 07:42 PM
    It was roughly half a year ago. I refuse to wear the glasses, so contacts is my last choice.
    I got them in the middle of the school year last year.
    Expert

Dec 2, 2006, 07:45 PM
    You need an exam then. There are many things that they docs look for besides your prescription, which could have changed by now.

They look for things like glaucoma and diabetes, just to name a few.

An exam is important if you wear corrective lenses of any kind.

Dec 2, 2006, 07:51 PM
    Aug. Of 05' was the last exam. If I have to get this done what is a decent price for it. I'm not really in the market for it.
    Expert

Dec 2, 2006, 07:53 PM
    I really have no idea. I live in smally town rural america and my yearly price is $85. But you will have to call around and get a price that fits your budget.
    Jnkmeiwes Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Dec 16, 2006, 08:45 PM
    A good exam is a dilated exam. I know people hate being dilated but they check for retinal detatchments, glaucoma, ocular tumors... and many many other things most people don't think about. I know in my state you HAVE to have an exam every year if you wear contacts so they can make sure there are no corneal abrasions, keratoconus, and many other problems contact lens wearers usually have. So protect your vision, you only get one set of eyes. I work with MANY MANY blind people who just wanted to get out the easy way, and now they are blind.
    EMTGIRL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 07:33 PM
    You can try filling out an application at this site and they will let you know if you qualify.

www.aoa.org/x5611.xml
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2006, 09:45 PM
    Why do you refuse to use your glasses? Are you putting some silly notion of pride over being able to see.

And no contacts is not a "last choice" they are just a choice, some people like them, others hate them. When my sons were teens they all changed back to glasses for varoius reasons.
    yanseo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2010, 08:00 PM
    Here are some places for those who don't have insurance to get a free eye exam.

Source:
    http://freeeyeexam.org
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 03:39 PM

HI there poster,

Having a glasses exam and being fitted for and prescribed contact lenses are two very different appointments and prescriptions. Most contact lens appointments are two visits. One to test the eye, find the right fit and check for other potential issues and the second appointment is to make sure that trial lens worked out and to write out the prescription and put in the order. I don't know of any places that offer FREE exams. Walmart and Costco are the cheapest places to go where I live. Mall Optical stores are generally very fairly priced. You can't wear contacts without a contact exam.

Why is it that you REFUSE to wear glasses? Do you not like to see?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Free Eye Glasses [ 6 Answers ]

I am in need of free eyeglasses. I have no income and I am awaiting disability. I have to drive my children around and I can hardly see. I went to the Lyons Club and they said they only pay for glasses, but I need to come up with 100.00 for an eye exam. They may as well ask me for 1 million...

Free eye exam and glasses [ 5 Answers ]

Is there any organization that helps out the poor with free eye exams and glasses for those who can't afford to pay?

Just got back from an exam [ 19 Answers ]

I just got back from getting an exam well, I don't know anymore then I did before, but now I have a sore cervix to boot. She said I have a very anterioral tilted uterus and it took her forever to get it, and then she said she had no idea why I didn't start. She then checked my uterus and said that...

Exam question [ 1 Answers ]

Sunshades Awnings had the following purchases and sales during the fourth quarter of 2005. Beginning inventory as of 9/30/05 was $0 on hand. Purchase DatePurchase Qty Unit/Cost Sale DateSale Qty Price/Unit 10/10/05 100 $2.00 10/2/05 450 ...

View more questions Search