Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutiger85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2010, 07:54 PM
    Can I replace just the heat pump or the entire system
    I have 2 units. A gas pack plus air for downstairs and a heat pump upstairs. Both are 12 years old. There downstairs unit works fine but the heat pump is failing. Must I replace both?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2010, 12:09 PM
    No

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C Repair or replace? SEER 12 or 19? A/C or Heat Pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Have you ever studied up on something, and the more information you got, the more confused you became? That's where I am on an air conditioning problem I have. Here's the story: We recently bought an eleven year old home we plan to stay in the rest of our lives (20 years or more). This past...

To replace or repair a heat pump. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a downstairs 5 ton 10 seer RUUD heat pump that is 7 years old. Already has a new compressor from the previous owner. System was not working, and the HVAC contractor found that there was no refrigerant in the line, he found the leak, and after putting new fluid in, there was a blockage in...

Want to replace gaspac with heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

About 4 yrs ago I bought a waterfront house in nc it gets about 90-95 degrees in the summer and in winter it has never gotten below 15 degrees,house is 2000sq ft, the current ac/furnace is about 8yrs old it is a goodman; I wanted to replace the ac unit with a 3 and 1/2 ton heat pump and reuse my...

Heat Pump: replace compressor or get new complete system? [ 6 Answers ]

On my 10 year old Carrier heat pump, the outside unit is rattling. First tech said it was the fan motor ($700 parts and labor). Second tech brought the fan out but the rattle remained. Put old fan back and said it was actually the compressor ($2200 parts and labor). First question: If I replace...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

View more questions Search