Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnboy-7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2010, 02:50 PM
    How to find the name of a book
    I would really appreciate any help at all in trying to find a book from my childhood. I don't have a any of the important information e.g. author or anything from the title. I believe it was series of books. The outline of the book was a boy and girl who solved crimes/mysteries. One of the two was an artist and upon arriving at a mystery or crime scene would sketch a picture while the other asked questions about what happened. The reader would then have a number of clues and a detailed sketch in which to try and figure out what happened... I read this book somewhere between 1985 and 1990 but have know idea of when it was originally published. I know this isn't much to go on but I have to try... Thank you
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 02:57 PM

Slightly different, but could it be The Magic TreeHouse series? Or Encyclopedia Brown... Boy Detective?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 3, 2010, 03:46 PM

Call or visit the public library, children's reference desk, and ask them to help you. They have several print sources and reader's advisory databases that will help you find out the author and series title.
    johnboy-7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2010, 02:41 AM

I have to thank you DoulaLC... Althougth the two books you mentioned wasn't the one I was looking for when I checked Encyclopedia Brown on wikipedia I found the name of the one I was looking for straight away. I have been thinking about it for so long and the second I seen the title I remembered! Funny how the mind works... It was Hawkeye Collins & Amy Adams. Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I find a romance book title for a book I can't remember? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a book from the 90's, it has home in the title, and the main characters are helen and rafe.

I need to find a book. [ 2 Answers ]

I read this book a few years ago and suddenly had the urge to find it but I have no idea what it's called, the author, and I barely know what it's about it. I remember it's copyright date was somewhere in the 1920s. It was an accelerated reader book. It had something to do with something blue, like...

Need to find a book [ 1 Answers ]

The story is about a man who dies around thirty and comes back to life as a college student in his past. He knows what is going to happen and makes a lot of money gambling until he dies again and comes back a little later in life and still can relive his life.

Where can I find this book [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a children's book titled: "Q. Leonard Faroop ate nothing but nothing but nothing but soup". I don't remember the author. I got book from library in the 70's.

View more questions Search