Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peddler2aw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2010, 07:11 AM
    How to connect to 2 wireless dsl networks to increase speed
    I have a dsl line and a satalite wireless I use a router forthe dsl line.
    I would like to be able to connect to both networks at the same time in order to increase online speed. DSL is too slow as well as the satalite network where I am to download large files. The router is able to handle the speed of both networks.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 07:29 AM

Never heard of that, or knew it was possible.
    Hardwired should be Faster and more secure?
    Sounds interesting,
    Who makes it and what model?
    I have used 3 ISDN lines for 1 Polycom Video conferencing.
    I called it "Screaming" video, not "Streaming"?
    peddler2aw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2010, 07:35 AM
    I have 2 modems 1 for DSL and the other for the satalite and 1 router. Don't know that it is possible. Looking for answers as to if it is possible. Internet here (brazil) fastest is 33kb download with both connected it would give me about 66 kb. Router can handle the speed of both.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 3, 2010, 07:35 AM
    You need to look into Line Bonding, but I'm not sure it is possible between sat and DSL lines.
    I is possible with two DSL lines from the same supplier.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 09:15 AM

Here is just one reference "line balancing"

Internet Load Balancing - Peplink

Specific products are designed for this as well as other options like failover etc.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 09:39 AM

Kiss, will this increase speeds for a single PC or just redundancy? Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 3, 2010, 10:03 AM
    Here's more info about line bonding: Bonding ADSL Broadband Lines - Ask Our Expert
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 11:29 AM

Instructions for various products really need to be looked at. In a "perfect" world there is a cost of internet service or a "metric".

Some can be set up as fail over and some will increase bandwidth by combining. You have to look at the rules provided.

It goes where the router goes and thus affects all PC's on the network.

There were some products out there that say had an ethernet connection and a fall-back dialup connection or DSL and dial-up fallback. Some might be T3 and fall back.

I found another product when I was looking into VPN for someone. I just don't remember who. They key point is that it's doable.

Priorities are also possible.

I know nothing about satellite and what I do "think" I know isn't encouraging. I thought I knew that some system require a PCI card and use a dial-up modem for up load. Clearly, this isn't standard.

Doing a bit of research, you can assign a metric to an interface to say a PC. By just changing the metric, you can force the PC to use another gateway. Registry entries, BTW. I never had a chance to test just read about the method.

Just like there are differences in "routers" and "real routers", switches and "managed switches", level 1, level 2 and level 3 switches.

There are differences in access points vs access pt/router combinations.

Read manuals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect two wireless networks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a college student. I am doing a project on wireless networks. I would like to connect all Zigbee networks in each floor into a single network controlled by a remote controller in a building. Thanks for your help.

No dial tone on home phones when dsl high speed modem and wireless router is on [ 2 Answers ]

Using D-Link wireless router as gateway. My DSL modem connects to the wireless router I can get only dial tone and receive and make calls from my HP All-In-One Fax/Phone system when turned on. It is connected via a phone jack spliter that my DSL modem is attached to.

Connect DSL modem to a lynkys Wireless router [ 1 Answers ]

I have an internet connection through a verizon DSL modem and I would like to connect the DSL modem to a lynkys wireless router for my home network.Please could you help me to do the connection Thanks

Cannot connect to available wireless networks [ 11 Answers ]

I bought a new netbook and when I try to connect to any available wireless networks, they won't connect. This includes free hotspots also. I am only able to connect when I am at home through my router. Any ideas on how I can fix this. Thanks

How do I connect two wireless networks? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all I have a domestic situation. DSL modem to wireless router to switch (for the wired computers). I have wirelessly-connected computers all over the house, (Wireless g), with variable signal strength. For the computers that don't get a good wireless signal, I invested in mini-repeaters...

View more questions Search