Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2010, 08:49 PM
    Family Easter Traditions. What Might Be Some of Yours, Please?
    Hi, All!

It's going to be one of the traditional days for celebrating Easter in a couple of days!

Okay, am looking for what you and your family and/or friends might do together traditionally on that festival. Food, church, Easter bunny stuff, decorations, food, etc.

I realize that we have many people on this site who come from a variety of traditions and beliefs. What you post doesn't necessarilly have to come from a "religious" type of tradition.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 07:52 PM
    No takers on this?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 3, 2010, 08:09 PM

Early morning church service then lunch with my wife and her sister.

Then off to friends (my son's in laws, she is a great cook) at around 2 pm to have an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Then a delicious ham dinner with all the trimmings with about 25 family and friends.

Then sitting on the couch for a while when we get home...

What are your plans my friend?

Stringer
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 10:45 PM
    Of course, I'll be playing for church in the morning. Then do some work at my home in the afternoon. Having my daughter and an older friend over for dinner in the evening where I've been house and dog sitting.

Thanks for sharing and HAPPY EASTER, Stringer! :)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2010, 12:45 AM

I love easter with my family. Me and my uncle always go out last minute getting stuff for easter baskets for everyone and sit up the night before putting them all together.the little kids get tons of little toys, stickers, candy, and anything that looks fun. The older boys usually end up with candy, food, and usually a gag gift or two. And the older girls always get candy and nicer bath stuff or nail polish. We alternate whose house we go to every year but there's always lots of food and an easter ham. And then there's always an easter egg hunt for the little kids in the family.
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 03:49 PM
    I'm waiting now for my daughter and another friend of my to come over for dinner. I'm fixing the ham and some other things.

My parents are long gone... New traditions start.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2010, 08:15 PM

So clough, did you do any deviled eggs for your family today? We didn't do deviled eggs. But we had lots of colored hard boiled eggs that my little cousins had made.
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Didn't make any deviled eggs today or for today. My older friend brought me over a couple of hard boiled ones that are colored though. Didn't eat them yet. I am very full after the meal.
    Business Expert

Apr 4, 2010, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Didn't make any deviled eggs today or for today. My older friend brought me over a couple of hard boiled ones that are colored though. Didn't eat them yet. I am very full after the meal.
    So you had a good time? I am sure that you did and I am very glad for you my friend. Family and friends, what more could you ever ask for? Except an extra piece of ham and some more mashed potatoes with gravy... :) Oh, and some more cranberry sauce and coffee and sweet potatoes and salad and...

I know, I know... I'm going to bed now... geeeeeze...
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 09:17 PM
    Thanking God for the gift he gave us on this day. When my dad was still with us we always had a big dinner after church. There are many extended family member. My mom is still with us and now we each take turns at our houses each holiday. I make my seven layer salad and a broccoli casserole, and peach cobbler.

This year was my brothers house. Almost fifty of us the weather was great.. no talk of politics just remembering former Easter holidays. I got a little weepy and didn't want anyone to see so I walked to the woods, my brother walked with me and he said something that made me feel better. He said Kay, kay.. Dads with the one who arose from the grave this day. He's with Jesus the one who conquered death, hell and the grave. Just think about how good he is feeling. So it was a very good day. I hope everyone had a wonderful easter. Hope you had a great one Clough!:)
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2010, 09:28 PM

What's a seven layer salad? Peach cobbler sounds yummy!

Glad it sounds like everyone had a good easter. :)
    Business Expert

Apr 4, 2010, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Thanking God for the gift he gave us on this day. When my dad was still with us we always had a big dinner after church. There are many extended family member. My mom is still with us and now we each take turns at our houses each holiday. I make my seven layer salad and a broccoli casserole, and peach cobbler.

This year was my brothers house. Almost fifty of us the weather was great..no talk of politics just remembering former Easter holidays. I got a little weepy and didn't want anyone to see so I walked to the woods, my brother walked with me and he said something that made me feel better. He said Kay, kay..Dads with the one who arose from the grave this day. He's with Jesus the one who conquered death, hell and the grave. Just think about how good he is feeling. So it was a very good day. I hope everyone had a wonderful easter. Hope you had a great one Clough!:)
    We did Kit, thank you. And I am glad that your brother was with you.

Easter is my second best holiday, Christmas being the first.

We also went to church this morning, beautiful service, a small lunch and then to my son's in laws with family and friends. It was a beautiful time.

Amazing that the day before it rained and was supposed to today also but it turned out beautifully sunny and around 75 degrees. I even had the top down today on my car.
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 09:37 PM
    Here you go curious
    Seven layer salad in a glass casserole dish.

Chopped green onions ,green peas and tomotoes first layer
    Chopped boiled eggs and olives mixed with ranch dressing
    Walnuts and chopped up bacon or bacon bits
    Fresh spinach torn into small pieces more Ranch dressing
    Another layer of chopped bolied eggs, green peas and chopped tomotoes.
    Iceberg lettace pulled into tiny pieces
    Mix crème cheese and sour cream together with just a smidge of vinegar
    Spread on top and add more bacon bits. Yummy
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 10:08 PM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    So you had a good time? I am sure that you did and I am very glad for you my friend. Family and friends, what more could you ever ask for? Except an extra piece of ham and some more mashed potatoes with gravy... :) Oh, and some more cranberry sauce and coffee and sweet potatoes and salad and...

I know, I know... I'm going to bed now... geeeeeze...
    Yes, it could go on and on with the food thoughts as well as actions! :p

I had a good time and I hope that my company did also! At least they seemed to. They stayed here for quite awhile...
    Business Expert

Apr 4, 2010, 10:15 PM
    Yes, it could go on and on with the food thoughts as well as actions! :p

I had a good time and I hope that my company did also! At least they seemed to. They stayed here for quite awhile...
    I'm sure that they did.

Night.
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by Clough

Making that something that has become a holiday tradition for you and your family?
    This year was my brothers house. Almost fifty of us the weather was great.. no talk of politics just remembering former Easter holidays. I got a little weepy and didn't want anyone to see so I walked to the woods, my brother walked with me and he said something that made me feel better. He said Kay, kay.. Dads with the one who arose from the grave this day. He's with Jesus the one who conquered death, hell and the grave. Just think about how good he is feeling. So it was a very good day. I hope everyone had a wonderful easter. Hope you had a great one Clough!:)
    It was very good! Thank you!

Originally posted by Kitkat22

Thanking God for the gift he gave us on this day.
    Me, too! :)
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 10:18 PM
    Here you go curious
    Seven layer salad in a glass casserole dish.

chopped green onions ,green peas and tomotoes first layer
    chopped boiled eggs and olives mixed with ranch dressing
    walnuts and chopped up bacon or bacon bits
    Fresh spinach torn into small peices more Ranch dressing
    another layer of chopped bolied eggs, green peas and chopped tomotoes.
    iceberg lettace pulled into tiny peices
    mix creme cheese and sour cream together with just a smidge of vinegar
    Spread on top and add more bacon bits. Yummy
    I love seven layer salads! :) But, I can't eat the walnuts. :(
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 08:20 AM
    I love seven layer salads! :) But, I can't eat the walnuts. :(
    Substitute the walnuts for celery. It's great!
    Business Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 06:54 PM

Clough... erase your incoming PM's you are full up...
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 09:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Clough...erase your incoming PM's you are full up....
    I did, but I suspect it's going to get real full again right away! ;) :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christmas Traditions What Does This Mean To you? [ 3 Answers ]

OK what does christmas mean to you what tradition do you celebrate it and most of all how old is it I just don't get christmas help me and answer the q's:D:p:):):cool::cool:

Lancashire Traditions [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know why as a child I put my shoes behind the door on new years eve for old father time to fill with pennies, chocolate and fruit etc?

Holiday traditions [ 19 Answers ]

I'm going to be traveling with my son this weekend, and will be doing our gift exchange at some point during that time... It will be just the two of us exchanging gifts, so I'm feeling a little odd that it isn't a bigger family thing as far as the memories I will be making for him. He still...

How important is it to preserve the customs and traditions of a country in 21 century [ 2 Answers ]

How important is it to preserve the customs and traditions of a country in 21 century? Give your opinion, supporting with arguments and examples.

View more questions Search