Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Serenity2009 Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Apr 2, 2010, 07:55 PM
    Having a small (20-30) Wedding reception...
    And my budget is less than 1k. How can I get the most for my money. We are having at a friends back yard and her house is used for the ceremony. I am basically DIYing almost everything. Does anyone know places in Phoenixville pa that I can get real cheap décor? Besides good will and the dollar store? Our weddings in 3 months and I have the majority of the supplies for food and stuff.

Also how can I make it look elegant and not cheap but get it done cheap?

Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2010, 09:04 PM
    Hi, Serenity2009!

What is the size and layout of the back yard, please? Also, are you having the wedding at a church or some place else?

Thanks!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 13, 2010, 12:20 PM

I suggest simple candles or flower petals to decorate. Personally, our centerpieces were silver trays from the dollar store with a white candle in the center and white rose petals. Aprox. $2.50 per table. (use a search engine to find freeze-dried petals--they're GREAT. Candles are a great price at cudge.net and quality can't be beat)

Simple usually = more elegant. Just use some natural elements you can collect, like tree branches, flowers, or stones you can collect to create pretty decorations.

Good luck!

Apr 25, 2010, 12:03 PM

Well we decided to move it to our new home, we just bought a mobile home with a big backyard so we are having it there, That way there is no restrictions on decorating and such. We are having maybe 20 people there, and that's all. But I am still in the cheap mode I am still need help with décor
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Hi again,

I'm assuming that you read the post by LearningAsIGo above, as there are some excellent ideas there!

If the reception is going to be outside, then you're going to need to have some plans in case it rains. Would that be correct?

Thanks!

Apr 25, 2010, 12:31 PM

Yes, its going to be in our living room which is huge
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2010, 03:18 PM

I thought this was just a renewal of vows and reception/party to follow? Are you doing an entire wedding ceremony a second time, dress, attendants and all?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 26, 2010, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi again,

I'm assuming that you read the post by LearningAsIGo above, as there are some excellent ideas there!

If the reception is going to be outside, then you're going to need to have some plans in case it rains. Would that be correct?

Thanks!
    Thank you, dear. :)

Apr 27, 2010, 06:35 PM
    Yea we are renewing the vows, doing the ceremony for a second time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it wrong to have a wedding cermony and not a reception [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting married in may and I'm in school full-time plus I have two kids in school and I'm having a hard time finishing up the details of the reception. My husband- to be posed the question what if we went straight from our reception to our honeymoon while I think this is a great idea I don't...

Planning wedding/reception [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! I am getting married in July and I am trying to save on money and really have a good time for my wedding. What types of entertainment that I could have at my wedding/reception. Yes, my wedding is mixed in with my reception. I have rented out a nice building, surrounded by trees,...

Wedding and reception with no children [ 16 Answers ]

My son and his fiancé are getting married in July. They want to have a no children's wedding and reception. The problem lies in that they are having 2 children in the wedding and her nieces and nephews have jobs for the wedding ex:-guest book etc. This will be for all of her nieces and nephews. ...

Wedding Reception Deposit. [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering where my partner and I stand, we have paid a £500 deposit for our wedding reception on May 31st 2008. However, we are extremely disappointed and dissatisfied with the service we have received and wonder if we can cancel having our reception there and receive our £500 deposit back. ...

View more questions Search