Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abnormal_rose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2010, 09:08 AM
    Can I stay away from my mother with foster care because she hits pushes and pulls me?
    I live in virginia and I am a minor.
    Ive pictures of the bruises. Once I am in foster, can they make me go back to her, if they feel its safe but I DO NOT feel safe?
    This is a very scary thing for me to do, thank you for your time.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 09:19 AM

What do you mean 'once you are in foster' ? Are they putting you in foster care soon ? No they can't just send you back to your mother. She will be reviewed periodically if she asks for that happen. You will be reviewed as well as your foster parents.

Tick
    abnormal_rose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2010, 09:47 AM

Actually, I want out of her abuse, I think its necessary for me to report the abuse that's been going on. I have pictures, but I was afraid they might not believe that it was her, so how could I prove it was? Maybe do a voice recording nexttime she gets hostile towards me?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 10:36 AM

If you have pictures, don't they show her face. If it shows her face you just have someone witness on the back of the photo that it is your mother.

You have to call family services in your area. I can't give you the number because I don't know where you are, but if you are a minor there are two sides to every story and I am only hearing yours.

Tick
    ajamma99 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Apr 2, 2010, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    If you have pictures, dont they show her face. If it shows her face you just have someone witness on the back of the photo that it is your mother.

You have to call family services in your area. I can't give you the number because I dont know where you are, but if you are a minor there are two sides to every story and I am only hearing yours.

tick

I believe the pictures she is talking about are of the bruises on her that her mother has done to her not pictures of her mother.U need to talk to an adult maybe a teacher ,guidance counselar, police officer someone you can trust then they will contact social services for u.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 12:27 PM

You report her and just have to see what happens,

1. they may merely make her take parenting classes and have a case worker that comes in and checks on things

2. they may put you in a group home ( not foster care)

3. they may put you in foster care

But all of this is always changeable, often they will give the parents things they will have to do, prove or change to attempt to get a child back.

But yes CPS will control where you go, when you go and what you do.
    tantan10 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Sep 15, 2010, 04:47 PM

You need to talk to a guidance counselor in school so they can contact the proper authorities probably cps and a report will be made tell them what happened and show your pics and what fr_chuck said is true you may go to group home or foster care what ever they think is best for you and your needs. Therapy for you as well as family therapy will be recommended especially if they think reunification is possible. I pray you seek the help you obviously need.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2010, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tantan10 View Post
    You need to talk to a guidance counselor in school so they can contact the proper authorities probably cps and a report will be made tell them what happened and show your pics and what what fr_chuck said is true you may go to group home or foster care what ever they think is best for you and your needs. Therapy for you as well as family therapy will be recommended especially if they think reunification is possible. I pray you seek the help you obviously need.

This is from April 2010 and this person has not been back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get myself into foster care [ 9 Answers ]

I'm tired of living in the same house with my parents they make me feel like I should never have been born . They shout at me, call me names, my dad occasionally hits me . Ever since I was young he used to hit me frequently over tiny mistakes but when I was 12 I spoke up & I got him to stop...

Foster care? [ 1 Answers ]

Can my parents give up their rights and put me in foster care? My step mom wants me to go. Can she do that? My mom has no legal custody of me. My dad and step mom have full guardianship. Im kind of worried

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

Foster care [ 1 Answers ]

If my rights where taken from one of my other kids , can they take my right from my other child that I had that they took a 18 moths old??

Foster Mother doesn't know how to take care of infant. [ 2 Answers ]

Someone I know had a baby in November. The baby was with drawing. Since she came up posative, the hospital filed a 51A on the mother. Now, it has gone to court, and the judge said that if the baby needs no special equipement, then she is going to go home with her mother to her program, but the...

View more questions Search