Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jaykid007 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2010, 07:44 AM
    LLC wants to reimburse in managing member
    I have a client that has an LLC and he is the managing member. He is a consultant. He incurs 50k a year in education expenses for 2009 and for this year, 2010. He wants to deduct education costs on his LLC return as employer reimbursement to him. How much can the employer pay up to, if any? The client wants his LLC to pay up to 10 or 20k a year for education costs. The rest he would claim on his personal return as misc deduction.

1. Is there a cap on how much a company can reimburse its member for education costs as it relates to enhancing his jib skills?

Any info would be great. Thanks
    Jaykid007 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2010, 08:42 AM

Jay, look at pub 15-B, business fringe benefits

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single Member LLC tax question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tiny single member llc setup where I accept money from online sales. I also have a full-time job where I get my W2. My accountant told me that since I am an single member llc, she will file my business taxes with my personal. Here is my question, if I made $1000 last year from my...

How do you get ITIN for foreigner member of US LLC? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a foreign client who resides in his native country who comes to the US a number of times a year for about a week each time. He wants to start a magazine in the US. I can set up an LLC for him and get the LLC an EIN. The magazine will be produced in his country, delivered to the US for sale...

Single Member LLC or Partnership (Husband/Wife) LLC (Tax Advantages) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My wife is winding down to her last semester in college and has already gotten really busy with freelance work. In the midst of all this work is contracts, deadlines, and money. On the side we have been doing photography work for a little over a year now, but will no doubt get a lot...

View more questions Search