Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittycats37 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 09:08 PM
    My teenage daughter wants to give her 8 month baby up for adoption,what can I do ?
    Can my 15 year old give her 8 month baby for adoption ,when Im the one who takes care of her most of the time? Im the grandmother.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 09:16 PM

Have you offered to adopt the baby yourself? Have you seen a lawyer (whether you adopt or not)?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2010, 07:17 AM

Agree with Wondergirl - and where is the father?

Apr 2, 2010, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Agree with Wondergirl - and where is the father?
    I just was asking people opinion of my question, the father is in another state and wants nothing to do with the child.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycats37 View Post
    I just was asking people opinion of my question, the father is in another state and wants nothing to do with the child.
    Will he agree to an adoption? Has he been established as the legal father? How old is he? How old was she when she gave birth?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 08:40 AM

Father will have to agree to the adoption, or at least be served and not respond at the adoption hearing.

The exact rules vary by state, if she was emancipated by the birth, she has the right, if she was not, then no.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2010, 02:00 PM

The father has to consent to an adoption or, as FrChuck said, be notified and not appear. The father may or may not have committed a criminal act - statutory rape.

Why has it taken your daughter 8 months to decide she doesn't want to raise this child?

Apr 2, 2010, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    The father has to consent to an adoption or, as FrChuck said, be notified and not appear. The father may or may not have committed a criminal act - statutory rape.

Why has it taken your daughter 8 months to decide she doesn't want to raise this child?
    She's been wanting to do it every time she doesn't get her way or she gets mad at someone, one time she gave her to me then she took her back.Shes just 15 and doesn't isn't even mature enough to make up her mind ,she just keeps playing mind games and yes the father did commit statutory rape
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 05:55 PM

And where are her parents and what are they doing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 2, 2010, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycats37 View Post
    We don't give "opinions" in this forum, we answer questions according to law. That's why we ask so many questions so we can get the facts to determine the applicable law.

We also need to know what state you live in, since laws vary by state.

With the limited info you have given us, I would suggest you look into getting appointed guardian for the child. Its not clear whether you are the 15 yr old's grandmother or the 8 month old. If you are the 15 yr old's why did you not report the rape? Why are you not going after him for child support? It doesn't matter whether he wants to have anything to do the child, but that's not his choice. He made a choice when he had sex with the mother, now he has to live with that choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to give up my baby for adoption [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have 2 kids.im pragnet with our third but we can't afford to raise another baby.so what do we have to do to give it up.

My sons girlfriends parents want her to give baby up for adoption [ 28 Answers ]

My son is 17 years old. His girlfriend is 15. Her parents want her to give the baby up for adoption when it is born. We want to raise the baby. Can anyone tell us what our his legal rights are? Her parents will not return our phone calls and she is 4 months pregnant and they haven't taken her to a...

Parents right to force minor to give baby for adoption [ 59 Answers ]

My 14 year old doughter is pregnant and wants to keep baby. Me and my wife are 110% against this, do we have the right to force her to give this baby up for adaoption or does she being a minor have the right to keep this baby.

Can My Mother Make Me Give My Baby Up For Adoption? [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I am a 14 year old girl. I am think about getting pregnant to stay with my boyfriend when he goes to jail.. but that's not the reason I want to get pregnant, that's only 5% of it. I want to get pregnant because I love babies I want to be a mother I am pretty much on my own all of the time my...

View more questions Search