Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenny8218 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 06:48 PM
    1. Suppose you had a HUGE bin of millions and millions of M&M candies, with the follo
    1. Suppose you had a HUGE bin of millions and millions of M&M candies, with the
    following distribution:

brown .50
    red .25
    blue .10
    yelllow all the rest

(a) Suppose you select one M&M candy at random. What is the probability that it
    is yellow?

(b) Suppose you select one M&M candy at random. What is the probability that it
    is blue or brown?

(c) Suppose you select three M&M candies at random. What is the probability that
    all three are brown?

(d) Suppose you select three M&M candies at random. What is the probability that
    none of the three are brown?

(e) Suppose you select three M&M candies at random. What is the probability that
    at least one of the three is red?

2. In my neighborhood, 45% of the residents cut their own firewood (F), 35% grow their
    own vegetables (V), and 20% do both (F and V).

(a) What is the probability that one of my neighbors either cuts his own firewood or
    grows his own vegetables?

(b) What is the probability that one of my neighbors does neither?

(c) What is the probability that one of my neighbors cuts his own firewood, but does
    not grow his own vegetables?

(d) Calculate P (V |F).

3. Suppose you have a box with 8 yellow ping-pong balls, and 5 white ping-pong balls.
    Find the probability of each event described.

(a) I select two ping-pong balls at one time, and both are white.

(b) I select three ping-pong balls at one time, and at least one is white.

(c) I select three ping-pong balls, one at a time, without replacement. The third
    ping-pong ball is the first yellow ball I choose.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 1, 2010, 11:12 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2010, 11:45 PM
    Who ate all the green M&M's?

b@stards...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to pay taxes on a large sum of money (in the millions) from Germany. [ 4 Answers ]

I have an uncle who is giving me a few million from Germany he lives there and has already paid taxes on the money in Germany. Do I have to pay taxes on it again? I will just be investing most of it.

Al Gore Set To Rake In Millions Off An IPO [ 11 Answers ]

Al Gore Set To Rake In Millions Off An IPO - America Talks Back, News It has been reported that former Vice President Al Gore stands to make approximately $50 million when the TV channel he founded, Current TV, goes public. The channel is very popular among tech-savvy 18-34 year olds, and it...

Millions calcilae [ 3 Answers ]

hi can anyone tell me how many millions there are in a billion in england it is normally 1 million, million = a billion but I understand in the US its different I need to know for I.T. purposes to calculate gigabyte equations ciao4now matt porter

David Copperfield and his millions [ 7 Answers ]

Hello: A search warrant was executed on this guy for a suspected rape. The cops confiscated computer records and $2 million in cash. Now, I understand taking his money if he was suspected of bank robbery, or insider trading or money laundering, or not paying his taxes. But they think he...

View more questions Search