Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexyangel0686 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 03:06 PM
    Computer problems!
    Hello

My computer keeps freezing from time to time and vertical lines appear on the screen and it shakes. I have absolutely no idea why this happens and how to fix it. I've read on various sites about re-installing drivers. Does this really help? And how do you go about actually doing that? Can someone please help and let me know the way to fix this problem. I can't use my computer otherwise!

Thanks
    sexyangel0686
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 2, 2006, 03:27 PM
    Could you please give us some more information so we can trouble shoot this issue better for you.
    What operatig system are you using ?
    What are you doing when this happens ?
    What have you tried to resolve this issue ?
    When was the last time you did some serious system maintenance, including blowing dust out ?
    What have you changed recently ?
    Anything else you can think of ?

Dec 2, 2006, 03:41 PM
    My operating system is XP windows home edition
    I don't do much when this happens, either working on something e.g. with word or surfing the net. I don't really know what to do to have tried to resolve this problem. Ive cleaned out the dust in my computer like 2 weeks ago, but what other system maintenance is there? I haven't really changed much. It occasionally shuts down and restarts by itself, then a message saying something about RAM or unknown driver, always something different. But when it freezes and shakes I can't do anything just switch computer off manually. Before it would go crazy when I was using my printer, but I haven't used it in a while and it still carries on. Before it used to beep until I would shut down.

Dec 2, 2006, 03:48 PM
    By the way what is EZface activeX 204? Is this s virus? Is it dangerous?

Dec 2, 2006, 03:51 PM
    Also what is MSXML 4.0 sp2?
    BossMan

Dec 2, 2006, 03:53 PM
    Both of these are fine

Dec 2, 2006, 04:38 PM
    OK but what else is wrong with my computer? What could be wrong and how can I fix that?
    BossMan

Dec 2, 2006, 04:43 PM
    OK where you having these problems before you dusted the inside?
    Othe system maintenance includes:
    Defrag
    FULL patching
    Virus scanning
    Soyware scanning
    Removal of rubish files

Defrag is an inbuilt function in XP.
    OPen My Computer > Right click C: > Tools Tab and it's there.

To make sure everything is running fine run both anti virus and anti spyware apps in normal AND safe modes. (make sure that they are updated first ! ;)) (AVG is good and free AV)
    (A couple of good removal tools are Spybot and Adaware)

ALso an on line virus and spyware scanner is Trend Housecall

Just a note; actively running two AV's on one machine can cause problems.
    So if you are thinking about it make sure your current one is disabled first.
    SAme thing applies to online scanners as well.

Removal of junk files is easy with CCleaner a free app that does exactly what you neeed.

Dec 2, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Thanks ill try all these and get back to you xxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer problems [ 4 Answers ]

I've been trying to get my computer back up for about a week. About a week and a half ago my computer was getting slow so I reformated, which I've done before whenever it gets bad. After I reformated, my computer would flash a black screen whenever I exited a program that would take over the screen...

Win XP PRO problems with a new computer [ 5 Answers ]

I currently have a Celeron 2.4 GHz and I have XP PRO SP2 installed on it. I went to a shop and bought myself an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (dual core) with an ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard and 1GB of RAM. I got it home, assembled it, connected my "old" hard disk which I used on my Celeron, and...

Help, problems for 4600 dimension model dell computer [ 1 Answers ]

My computer just black out for like 7 days already First I start the computer, it runs the opening then it becomes black screen and shows " _ " I tried to reboot the computer and press f12 to boot In the number 5 click cd rom then run the CD(operation cd / recovery cd that dell has) ...

Newly Built Computer Problems [ 9 Answers ]

Me and My Friend are building a computer for my girlfriend and when we put all the pieces together and started it up everything worked(Fans, HD Booted, Floppy, CD DVD Roms,LEDS) The only thing that won't seem to work is the monitor. We first Tried plugging it into the video card that we put in then...

Computer is slow and other problems... [ 2 Answers ]

Well ever since a couple days ago my PC has been running slow, like something is stressing it out. Like, when I go on AOL Instant Messenger before the program starts up its memory usage (from task manager) is 5,000 then when it connects and it fully started up its memory usage is like 29,000! And...

View more questions Search