Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    714212835 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 03:56 PM
    Adoption coucilor
    I would like to focus my studies on social work in post secondary school and I was just wondering if anyone knew if there are a lot of possibilities in the adoption field of work. I am wanting to work in ontario but I am not sure if there will be any jobs after I am done school. I am really interested in becoming an adoption counselor but I am not sure if this is a good choice. Is adoption councellor a good job? Are their job opportunities for this in ontario? THANK YOU!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 08:06 AM

I would talk to your local social services office, and to a local adoption agency.

There is a great NEED for adoption counselors out there--especially if you're going into the COUNSELING side of it and specializing in adoption. There are very few people in an adoption triad that do NOT need counseling at one point or another--but unfortunately, most regular counselors aren't aware of all of the issues involved with adoption, and of how the problems change depending on where you are in the triad.

Apr 5, 2010, 08:30 AM
    Thank you for your response. I will have to get in contact with somebody in my area and see how I can get involved and what I need to get into. I probably need a bachelor in social work of some sorts.
    I am really interested in doing something with adoption so I will continue to look into it.Thank you

Apr 14, 2010, 12:06 PM
    ADOPTION Counselor or SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER?
    I can't decide which would be better for me. ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Adoption at 16 [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old.I don't want to say that I hate my parents,but that's exactly what they make me do... hate them.I don't like being here with any of all my parents,can I ask to be adopted by someone else and somewhere else??

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

Adoption [ 8 Answers ]

My father adopted my son so my son's biological father could walk away. I promised I would never cost my Dad anything and I haven't. My father is getting Social Security now and I am receiving a check also because of the adoption. How can I stop it. My other siblings are upset with me getting a...

Adoption [ 1 Answers ]

How old do you have to be to adopt a sibling?

View more questions Search