Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kantley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 03:14 PM
    No hot water (at all) -- Moen Brantford Posi-Temp Single-Handle Tub/Shower Valve
    There is no hot water. Period. When I turn on the faucet there is only cold water. If I turn the handle all the way counter-clockwise, the water flow stops completely -- not even cold water. There is hot water in every other sink/shower in the house (including the sink in the same bathroom). This particular shower faucet is not used often (thank goodness) because it is in the guest bath -- but I have a guest coming! Help, please.
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

Apr 1, 2010, 03:57 PM

Pull the cartridge ( which can be tricky on a Moen positemp), turn on the water for a brief time to make sure you have water coming through the hot port (have someone help you) and then put in a new cartridge.
    Let us know how it goes. Good Luck!

Apr 1, 2010, 04:18 PM

Thanks! Trying to foreshadow here... I assume I will be able to figure out how to turn on the water if I have disassembled the handle/plate. What if no water is coming through the hot port?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2010, 04:21 PM

Moen Posi-Temp cartridge
    May occasionally require minor cleaning maintenance, due to debris, situations where there is water with a high mineral/sediment ontent or when
    Showers are used infrequently (such as in a vacation home or guest bathroom).

Open the PDF file will show how to remove and clean the cartrdge, Good luck.

John
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Moen PosiTemp Cartridge Cleaning Instructions.pdf (240.6 KB, 1982 views)

Apr 1, 2010, 04:34 PM

Thanks! Hopefully I can manage... :)
    Peterh36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2012, 09:19 AM
    You need to change out the cartridge in the valve, it's a Moen Posi temp. Moen will warranty it for free. Call 1-800- Buy-Moen.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2012, 11:32 AM
    Hello Peterh,

Welcome to this wonderful web site, you responded to a years old thread it may be dead by now, always check the date on the left hand upper corner, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water with moen posi-temp [ 4 Answers ]

I can't get any hot water in the tub/shower with my moen posi-temp faucet. I have disassembled the everything but the cartridge and cannot get hot water. I can rotate the stem 360 degrees and the water stays cold as it turn on and off. I have confirmed the hot water supply. Do I need a new...

Is there a water temp adjustment on single handle tub and shower faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Need to know if I can adjust water temp at the faucet. Seems like it doesn't get hot enough and instructions that came with faucet are very poor. Also why does water come out of shower pipe when lever on spout is not lifted, spout not even connected yet.

No hot water from Moen Single handle shower valve [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting no hot water from my Moen single handle shower valve. I have plenty of pressure from cold water side. I removed the main handle to expose the valve. The hot water pipe has a small valve with a common head valve stem which I turned, hoping to unblock the valve, but this had no...

My moen shower posi-temp only has cold water [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new to this forum. My Moen Posi-Temp valve in my shower. I just move into this house but I don't have hot water. Only cold water from the cold and from the hot indicator. Could the cartridge be installed wrong? I refuse to believe that this three year old house does not have hot water in...

Moen Posi-Temp Shower Occasional Lukewarm vs Hot [ 18 Answers ]

Our furnace 'seems' to be working fine regarding heating the home, but our upstairs shower over the past month or two often only has lukewarm hot water. It DOES seem like it's on colder days so perhaps it's working hard heating the 5 zones of the house. I've moved the thermostat schedules earlier...

View more questions Search