Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wunderland Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 06:42 AM
    '03Linc TwnCar 60k rotors/pads good but stops not smooth - pulsates esp when hot.
    '03 Linc TwnCar w/60K rotors/pads vg but brakes pulsate when applied, esp when hot.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2010, 06:48 AM

It sounds like you have a Lateral Runout (LRO) problem, between the axis of the axle and the axis of the disc. Read up on this subject on the internet. Look into using a ProCut machine to correct the problem. Afterwards, get all of the brake fluid changed.
    wunderland Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    It sounds like you have a Lateral Runout (LRO) problem, between the axis of the axle and the axis of the disc. Read up on this subject on the internet. Look into using a ProCut machine to correct the problem. Afterwards, get all of the brake fluid changed.

Thanks for the insights. I will show to my mechanic and do more research on LRO. After 800 mile trip, had wheels balanced and was informed that one of the wheels is damaged and was hard to balance but finally brought to zero.
    This eliminated slight wheel shimmy @75mph on return trip but didn't address the pulsation when braking.
    Thanks again.
    wunderland

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should Rotors be changed with brake pads every time? [ 7 Answers ]

My Saab dealer tells me my rear pads are wearing down and says the rotors need to be changed out too, apparently because they cannot be "turned". What does that mean? Or is this a way for car dealers to mark up prices. I also remember my sister complaining that her VW needed the same kind of...

Hot Water from bathroom faucet Stops [ 1 Answers ]

The hot water in one of my bathroom faucets makes a knocking sound and then the flow stops. No problems with the shower in the same bathroom or any other faucets, dishwasher, washer, etc. Any ideas what is causing the problem.

Smooth grout on smooth tile [ 5 Answers ]

We just grouted our bathroom wall tiles (smoooth white subway style pattern) with smooth white pre mixed grout. It isn't going in well and is now cracking and hardneing with bums and edges :( Do we have to do another coat or will that be too thick... it is showing some thinset and the edges of the...

Starts good but stops in 5-10 seconds [ 4 Answers ]

I have a tecumseh engine that is 5 years old and always ran well. The 3rd time I went to start it this year it started good but stops in 5-10 seconds. There is a new spark plug and air cleaner. I have tried to start it more than 12 times now with same result.

View more questions Search