Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rrosales Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 11:24 PM
    Texas laws on salaries
    I am a low pay salaried employee, I am paid commissions on sales. My employer will not let me make sales & keeps me in the office repairing computers and performing other IT work. I work 40 hrs per week and I am expected to take 35 hrs of salary (due to commissions). Is this legal seeing I am not allowed to make sales, therefore losing my commission? I have worked 3 40 hour weeks so far. My first pay check was 6 days late and covered 35 hrs. What are my legal options?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 03:53 AM

How low pay salary? Salary is not based on "hours" but merely a sum of money you both agree to that will be acceptable for ( no matter how many hours you work)

If you are commission, then you are not salary, you are salary plus commission.

Sounds like you need to make a new deal with the boss on your pay or find another job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused on Salaries Payable/Salaries Expense [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I'm doing a comprehensive problem for my accounting class. For the first part, we're supposed to journalize and post the transactions. The only one I was confused on was this one: July 20 Paid $1,600 for employee salaries. In the journal, do I record it as this: Date: July 20 Acct....

Names, salaries and tax details of directors and salaries at a non-profit? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a public website that stores publicly filed tax form, accesible by the public on Internet, completed by the CFO's of non-profits to qualify their 403b status and other non-profit needs. It lists all the officers of the associationm their roles and salary as of the last filing. Would you...

Case laws on Revision of salaries in a company [ 1 Answers ]

Need some case laws which have given judgement regarding salary

Texas laws [ 2 Answers ]

I am hoping to confirm laws pertaining to riding 4 wheelers on beach and state park areas in Texas

What is the laws in Texas [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter had a baby by a boy in 2007. Since 2007 he only comes to see the child about every 3-6 months. He decided about 2 or 3 months ago to hook up with a "girl friend" and move approx 8-10 hours away (still same state). He has never supported the baby in anyway financially or emotionally. ...

View more questions Search