Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    172162580 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 04:17 PM
    Would a B&E when I was 17 still be on my record 30 years later
    I was charged with B&E in Sask. When I was 17 and had 6 months probation in 1977 clean record since,would this still be on my record and would it affect my entry to the U.S.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 04:55 PM

Felony or misdemeanor?
    Carl17 Posts: 66, Reputation: 9

Mar 31, 2010, 05:32 PM

I have learned directly from Canadian Customs that even if you get your record expunged or vacated, Canadian Customs will still consider it before you enter The United States of America . In order to be let into The United States of America. If you are currently ineligible you can apply for rehabilitation (Exponged Charges) through the Canadian Consulate 10 years after your conviction if you have not had any new charges. I however do not know if this would prevent you from entering the united states. As I said it is CONSIDERED, but that doesn't mean its an automatic no-go.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 05:36 PM

It stays on your record forever unless you get it explunged
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl17 View Post
    I have learned directly from Canadian Customs that even if you get your record expunged or vacated, Canadian Customs will still consider it before you enter The United States of America . In order to be let into The United States of America. If you are currently ineligible you can apply for rehabilitation (Exponged Charges) through the Canadian Consulate 10 years after your conviction if you have not had any new charges. I however do not know if this would prevent you from entering the united states. As I said it is CONSIDERED, but that doesn't mean its an automatic no-go.

Did Canadian Customs tell you why they (Canadian Customs) cares who enters the US?

If you are quoting a source, please mention the source - plagiarism on AMHD is against the rules.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can your record be sealed if your over 18 years old [ 3 Answers ]

Can your record still be sealed if you are 18 years old

Can I travel to can my canada with a felony on my record from 16 years ago [ 1 Answers ]

Can I travel to canada for vacation with a felony on my record from 16 years ago?

OK to record quitclaim 10 years later/8 yrs after death of grantee? [ 1 Answers ]

A quitclaim deed was given to the family physician 2001. The deed was unrecorded. The grantor died in 2002, and her estate probated. The land in the quitclaim deed was divided among heirs. Heirs were unaware of the deed at the time the land was divided, nor did the grantee make anyone aware of...

Do I have a record?after 17 years? [ 5 Answers ]

I was caught of shoplifting and its 17 years from now... now I was applying for a job in a hotel and my supervisor asked me to get a police clearance which I did now I'm record if I got the record I was caught only once and never happened again it was a provation one year they took my fingger print...

Locating record of house sale from 20 years ago [ 3 Answers ]

I sold a house more than 20 years ago, and since then have lost the papers from the house sale in a family tragedy. I have need to recover these house sale papers to prove I was previously a home owner. From which office could I recover these papers proving that I sold the house? The real estate...

View more questions Search