Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ahelpinhypocrit Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 03:40 PM
    My cat won't stop throwing up.
    I have a 3 year old black and white cat. Everyday or every other day, I wake up and find another pile of puke. It's usually the color of her food, sometimes it has chunks, most of the time not so much. She never goes outside, and we don't have any plants around the house that she could get into. She doesn't eat people food or get into the trash, and all of our cleaning products aren't where she can get to them. What can I do. It's getting annoying to clean this up everyday. When I took her in for her shots, I told the DR. about this, and she just told me it was her food... the problem being with this, is that I've tried other brands and still the same thing. What do I do?
    macdoncl Posts: 55, Reputation: 7

Apr 1, 2010, 09:06 PM

Is she on a set feeding schedule or amount? My cat has a tendency to overeat to the point of making himself sick. I cut him back to certain times of day and smaller portions twice a day instead of all at once and he's doing much better. If you're feeding just dry food you may want to try giving wet food once in a while too. Good luck.
    nikki0846 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2010, 10:03 AM
    You could try mixing a little wet food in with the dry food, or it could just simply be hair balls...
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jul 5, 2010, 10:53 PM

Hairballs was my first thought, too. If it's still an issue, you could try giving her hairball medicine, or even just a teaspoon of butter a day. Either one will help pass any hairballs, and neither will hurt her if the problem is something else.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2010, 01:32 AM

Old thread... :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean if a cat is throwing up blood [ 2 Answers ]

What does it mean if a cat is throwing up blood? Or if he is coughing up blood?

What to do to stop Saberian Rusk from throwing up [ 2 Answers ]

I have a five years old siberian rusk, speedy. Speedy has been sick.He has not eatean any thing since Friday, and since yesterday he has not touch his water. I have given him water on the spoon, however he throws up every time he eat or drink any thing. Does any one have any inside?

Cat keeps throwing up. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My 4 year old cat keeps throwing up.. she threw up 5 times in the past two hours. Nothing seems to come out, just some liquid. The last time she threw up it did contain half of a hairball treat I fed her earlier thinking it was hairballs. After she throws up she acts normally, including...

Cat throwing up after eating [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 cats and I'm pretty sure it's the younger one throwing up. Before paying the dr $40 to tell me a simple answer I'm wondering if anyone else can answer this.. She's a very tiny cat and shell be a yr in May. She weighs only 5lbs and is a pig. She probably eats more than my 15lb cat. ...

View more questions Search