Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Mar 31, 2010, 01:15 PM
    Can a catholic marry a muslim?
    Is it possible for a catholic girl o marry a muslim boy?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 04:36 PM

Why would you want to?
    In my opinion this is only asking for more grief that any marriage already has in it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 05:54 PM

Yes I can see it being nothing but problems, but I will assume that neither are strong in their faith.
    Carl17 Posts: 66, Reputation: 9

Mar 31, 2010, 06:28 PM

You should do what makes you happy, and not let some silly religion get in the way of your happiness.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Violaename View Post
    Not a great idea

Mar 31, 2010, 08:06 PM

Thank you for all your answers.
    In my heart... I know that it is a big step to make.However,if one is going into it not with the aim of changing the others faith.
    Everyone is left to practice what they believe in.
    Sometimes I sit and think about this religion thingy...
    I realise that most times,our religion is influenced by our background history.If my parents are musilm,it is very obvious that I too will be muslim...
    I believe in my faith and I am not ready to change it. If we all can understand our limits and respect it,then I guess all can go smoothly. Its so sad what love does to us sometimes... it puts us in a tight corner... Love requires us to see far and beyond. I do not think it is a sin for both to get married.And if it is prohibited... hmm... the bible tell me that Jesus sat admist sinners.I am not saying that Muslims or catholics are sinners .No.
    I am saying that... we are different yet we can live together ad still bask in Gods love despite all our short comings.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Not a great idea
    YES.
    A catholic woman can marry a muslim man and it is moral. The Qur'an has placed no restriction if a Muslim man wants to marry a Christian lady. It however has commanded the believers not to marry anyone who associates other partners or deities with God (polytheists) as He is one and alone nor should the believers marry any convicted criminal of adultery. Apart from these two restrictions, the Shari'ah (Law of God) has placed no restriction on marriage contracts of the believers.

However, this does not mean that we should not use our sense and reason to choose the person we intend to marry. Indeed, there are many things involved that must be considered before a couple decides to get married. The foremost factor is that there should be harmony between both in terms of their financial status and religious set up. Religion is not a trivial matter to be ignored while choosing your prospective husband. Marriage means that two persons are going to live together for the rest of their lives. Do you think that there would be no conflict on religious issues? What about the children that God will bless you with? What religion would they be taught? You may think that such matters are of less importance to modern minds. But I assure you that these matters will of be concern to you both once you come out of the euphoria that people experience before marriage.

A Christian Lady Marrying a Muslim
    Marrying non-Muslims: the legal ruling

The media has given muslim men a negative reputation. All muslim men are not negative nor should be shunned or looked down upon. There are good and bad men of every nationality, every race, and among every religion. Many muslim men who I have known are good, peaceful, and among the kindest. Muslims, Jews, and Christians are considered as the "People of the Book" [B](ahl al-Kitab)[/B, those who were given the Scriptures. Athough I know many will have a strong distaste to my statements. But, knowing them personally and being more open-minded can be beneficial. You'll have to follow your heart, mind, and soul in order to make the best decision.

“(Lawful unto you in marriage are chaste women who are believers and chaste women among the people of the book”. (al-Ma'idah, 5)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 04:38 PM
    Are either of you planning on converting?

Apr 2, 2010, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Are either of you planning on converting?

No. When it comes to religion,each one respects the others stand point.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 3, 2010, 09:10 AM
    No. When it comes to religion,each one respects the others stand point.
    Right now this may be true. But if your planning on having children with this person your going to be on a huge undecided area. One that could caus fights and even a break up. As adults you can make your own decisions but as a child its usually the parents that determine that path and it can last a lifetime. Choose carefully.

Apr 3, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Right now this may be true. But if your planning on having children with this person your going to be on a huge undecided area. One that could caus fights and even a break up. As adults you can make your own decisions but as a child its usually the parents that determine that path and it can last a lifetime. Choose carefully.
    You are right... thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Wiccan man marry a Muslim woman [ 9 Answers ]

I am a former christian and 8 years ago converted to the religion of Wicca. For the past few months I've been dating this muslim woman and I feel as though it may be getting serious. If our relationship does persist and grow into love and I decide to marry her, would that be OK coming from her...

Can a Bangalore muslim girl marry a kerala muslim guy? [ 4 Answers ]

Assalamualaikum... I am a muslim girl from bangalore and am in love with a kerala muslim guy,we both like each other and want to get married.my parents have no objections,his side all are agreeing including his mother and relatives except his father.his mother and rest all can't take a decision...

Can a black non-muslim man marry a muslim woman? [ 18 Answers ]

For the past few months I've been dating a muslim girl. I think I'm starting to fall in love with her and would love nothing more than to marry this girl. However, I am African American and she is from Jordan. She has told me that her family would most likely not approve, as they want her to...

Can I marry catholic girl without being converted to catholic? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am hindu boy and my girlfriend is roman catholic we both are from india we have decided to spend our life together, my girlfriend wants to marry in roman catholic church as she said its her marriage with me will not be held valid till she get married in church as per christianity and also...

View more questions Search