Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marissa24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 31, 2010, 09:38 AM
    Can I kidney stone that has not passed turn into an infection? How would I know?
    My boyfriend has had a very small kidney stone that has not passed and it has been over 6 months. We have went to the hospital 3 times and they all say the same thing... "not big enough to break up, will pass on its own." I want to know if maybe he may have a kidney infection because he is still in a lot of pain everyday and he has no insurance at this time so we want to keep from going to the ER where we know they won't do much for his pain. Any help would be grateful!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 10:18 AM
    There is no way for us to know if this is or is not an infection. For that to be diagnosed he would have to have a urine analysis, a blood test, and possibly an ultrasound to determine the size and location of the stone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it Kidney infection [ 2 Answers ]

On Sunday I started having severe pain in my upper abdomen going through to my back (similar to a gall stone attack - which I had my gallbladder removed just 5 days before) I took tylenol3 - which did nothing Also on Sunday I starting having to frequently go to the washroom and found that when I...

Kidney problems, Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have noticed some symptoms that I don't think are normal. Well, my symptoms are pressure in my perineum area, sort of like a cramp, and I experience it when I urinate or when land from jumping.. It doesn't happen all the time but it does occur on occasion.. Also I have some spasms coming...

Kidney Infection - no insurance? What to do? [ 4 Answers ]

I have had about 3 kidney infections in the past 5 years... ive been hospitalized once for a severe case, and the other 2 where minor. I currently don't have any health insurance - I have am in pain again and I know its another kidney infection - I've been drinking water and cranberry juice a...

Kidney Stone or what? [ 23 Answers ]

About 6-8 months ago I went to the doctor because every time I went to the bathroom I would have a bloody stool. I had a colonoscopy done and they said everything was fine and nothing was wrong and the blood went away. About a 2 months ago I was rushed to the E.R. after experiencing the worse pain...

Kidney infection? [ 2 Answers ]

I have pain in my right side and sometimes it hurts towards the stomach and towards the back... I went to the doctors, and they said it could be kidney stones or a kidney infection, they gave me pills for it, and I just finished talking them and yet it still hurtss.. sometimes the pain is even in...

View more questions Search