Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 08:04 AM
    How about that Catholic Church?
    Hello:

Bill O'Reilly goes after lenient judges in this country who give passes to child molesters... Did he send a crew to the Vatican to ambush the Pope? Did he call for the Pop's resignation? I wonder if that has anything to do with him being a Catholic and stuff? Nahhh.. He's not a hypocrite.

Bwa, ha ha ha ha.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 08:11 AM

I don't speak for O'Reilley ,but my take has not changed since the revelations in the US . Any priest involved is a criminal who should be handed over to the authorities . Any senior member of the hierarchy involved in a coverup is equally a criminal .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Any senior member of the heirarchy involved in a coverup is equally a criminal .
    Hello tom:

Well, I can see that you're NOT Catholic.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 08:18 AM

Been Catholic all my life
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 08:31 AM

I like how the Pope is calling the accusations "Petty Gossip". Yeah that's real nice Buddy. A priest in Wisconsin molested over 200 deaf boys and they knew and what did they do NOTHING! It doesn't get much lower then that.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 08:34 AM

I will not even try to defend the indefensible.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 08:36 AM

On the occasions I have seen O'Reilly I haven't seen him shy away from taking on anyone. In fact, just for you I've dug up a transcript where he took the subject on in 2002. How did he become your target in this?
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 08:46 AM

how did he become your target in this?
    Because he broadcasts on FOX .
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:12 AM

You're right, tom, I forget. Actually, I just don't think that way, I see no need to project the blame for something as hideous as pedophilia onto someone else.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    On the occasions I have seen O'Reilly I haven't seen him shy away from taking on anyone. In fact, just for you I've dug up a transcript where he took the subject on in 2002. how did he become your target in this?
    Did you even read the transcript? All he wants is for the priests caught molesting children and the cardinals protecting them to resign - that's it!
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Did you even read the transcript? All he wants is for the priests caught molesting children and the cardinals protecting them to resign - that's it!
    NK, once and for all you can safely assume I've read what I'm posting. This is the relevant portion to my answer:

O’REILLY: Second of all, even if it's molesting a 14- or 15-year-old, it's a heinous crime...

MCGOWAN: Absolutely.

O’REILLY:... it's a heinous crime

MCGOWAN: Absolutely.

O’REILLY: So you can cut, you know, split hairs, pedophilia, pederasts, you can do all of that stuff. The bottom line is that this scandal would never have come to the light if not for The Boston Globe and then subsequent follow-ups from people like me. Wouldn't you agree?

MCGOWAN: I agree, and I think you guys should be applauded for that...

O’REILLY: Well, we're not being applauded...

MCGOWAN: ... I think it's...

O’REILLY: ... we're being condemned...
    As for your complaint, it requires the context:

O’REILLY: The big story here is that cardinals, all right, with tremendous power have been able to circumvent the law in this country and have prosecutors cowers before them, senators cower before them. And these cardinals, supposed to be pillars of morality, are so arrogant they won't resign after they allow the pedophiles, the Geoghans, the Shanleys, to run around, still won't resign. That's the big story here.
    Sounds to me like he's complaining that they're getting away with the cover-up legally and on top of that don't even have the moral fortitude to resign. He deserves credit for this, not ridicule.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:55 AM
    How come he has done no follow-ups? The problem never went away.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    How come he has done no follow-ups? The problem never went away.
    You assume too much. I don't have time to find every instance of O'Reilly addressing this, that's why the single post showing he has taken this on from the beginning.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 10:58 AM

Why hasn't Katie Couric taken this up as a cause? If she can peel herself away from her Obama blow up doll long enough. Or does CBS not care about Child molestors... or PBS... or NBC... or ABC. Because none of them are making it an issue.

Perhaps Obama condones it as well, because we haven't heard him speak up about it... he does need to be on TV every single day to satisfy his obsession... surely he could have found time to say something if he cared.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Why hasn't Katie Couric taken this up as a cause? If she can peel herself away from her Obama blow up doll long enough. Or does CBS not care about Child molestors...or PBS...or NBC....or ABC. Because none of them are making it an issue.
    CBS is too busy doing hard hitting interviews of Obama.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    CBS is too busy doing hard hitting interviews of Obama.
    They must be working really hard on the editing... because none of them have aired yet. THe only thing I've seen on CBS so far is ever continuing Obama campaign propaganda... didn't anyone inform them the election is over yet?
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 12:38 PM

Hey don't you guys go to church? Why aren't you doing something about it. Smoothy you have made it quite clear you don't need any help from anyone so get off your tea bag and do something.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 12:52 PM

I'm not catholic... and while I don't support clild abuse... American abuse by the left is a far more pressing cause to focus on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 12:52 PM

And were are the investigations of the boy scouts and the molesting issues there, now that their "secret files" have been brought to light
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 12:55 PM

Way to spin it Smoothy. So you are Rabble but no action got it. Fr Chuck I have always had my suspicions boy scouts that's why I joined the basketball team and not the scouts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Catholic Church and annullment [ 9 Answers ]

Since this was not part of the original question in another thread, and according to one member: Clearly you do not understand either the question or the beliefs behind it...so best to stay out of it. ...and your comments about the children is way out there: more confirmation that you have...

Getting married in a Catholic Church [ 3 Answers ]

Can a catholic person and a non-catholic get married in a catholic church?

Could the Catholic Church be EVIL? [ 103 Answers ]

Priest faces trial in nun’s stabbing death Body of 71-year-old victim was found under altar cloth 26 years ago Reuters Updated: 10:35 a.m. ET April 15, 2006 TOLEDO, Ohio - A 68-year-old Catholic priest goes on trial Monday in the stabbing death of a nun whose body was found covered by an...

Communion in Catholic Church [ 1 Answers ]

My grandmother have moved from Greece to live with me. She has always attended the Church of Greece. Can she receive communion in a catholic church?

Non-Church Catholic Wedding [ 5 Answers ]

Does the Catholic Church have a hard and fast position on non-church weddings (for example, an intimate, personal wedding ceremony in a quiet courtyard), or is it left to the discretion of the diocese/parish/priest performing the sacrament?

View more questions Search