Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwcmmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 05:58 AM
    Multiple printers one PC
    At work I have a network and my PC is directly connected to the printer (Canon). We bought a Dell printer and I connected this one to my PC, also. I set up to share the printer and it works well. Now my original printer won't work. I pick it to be my default and nothing happens. What is weird is when my computer is on, but, I am not logged in, my co-workers can actually print from the Canon. When I log in, they are booted out. What can I do to be able to use both printers. My firewalls are disabled, printers are shared, all the setup is correct for sharing of the printer. Do I need to reset my router? What else can I do
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 06:56 PM

What os are you... and what os are they connecting from?
    jwcmmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 07:30 AM

My PC is Microsoft XP
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2010, 07:42 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can only share one printer on the network. You may have access locally (your PC) to both printers though. Can the client computers see both in their My Network Places?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2010, 12:51 PM

You can share multiple printers, we have to do it at the restaurants that I work at. They are professional though, Home may have restrictions. XP Home will only allow 5 connections on its server/client network. Whether it be 5 printer shares or 5 folder shares. If you use a network with both Home and Pro, printers become very difficult to deal with. If someone is trying to connect via a newer os (IE vista/7) you will have to reconfigure the network.

Microsoft has made it way to weird to deal with networking this way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple lights for multiple switches [ 1 Answers ]

Rewired existing lights for a friend which had a 3 way switch installed to it and other leads to other lights, when I added a switch to one of the lights to remove it from the 3 way SW it worked fine but ended up removing power to the other lights downstream. What went wrong and how do I fix it?

Multiple baseboards with multiple thermostats one circuit [ 22 Answers ]

Hi again guys, I want to run multiple baseboard heaters one one circuit in my basement. I have a small basement, so I figure I will need about 4 total baseboards. I figure I'll need about 4000 watts, I'm running 240 volt. So according to my code where I live, I'll require #12 and a 30 amp breaker...

Multiple Printers to one Computer [ 8 Answers ]

I have two very good HP printers that are Network Printers with Network cables, but my ex took the Server and the Network. I need to findout what equipment I need to get to make these work and I have very little time as I am in the middle of a big project... HELP PLEASE... Will a switch box work or...

Multiple printers [ 15 Answers ]

I am trying to hook multiple printers up on one system. If they are both usb then I can hook them up and then share them and it won't be a problem when another system uses either printer. Is this correct. Also if I have to use a switch is there one that will do the switching automatically or will...

View more questions Search