Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bhutmach Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 10:53 AM
    Furnace blows cold air...
    Hi, I'm a new member and thought I had already posted my question, but I can't seem to locate it. So, here I go again. Condensed version: Goodman Gas Furnace... 2years old. Blows cold air. Electronic ignition... ignites flame burners, but they turn off prematurely after about 2-3min. Then after a short period they re-ignite... this cycle seems to continue. Blower works fine, but air never warms. Changed the cycle in the Thermostat to a longer period... still no difference. Finally, thought to check air-filter... it was filthy. Had only operated the furnace for about a day with the dirty filty... had hot air in the morning and cold air when I returned from work. Any suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated. I'm in Houston and we just had a cold-front move in. Thanks. Cheers!
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2006, 08:44 AM
    If the airflow problem has been corrected, check and see if the burner lights and stays lit for the whole heat cycle, if the burners are cycling on and off the main limit has gotten weak and needs replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Furnace Blows Cold Air [ 18 Answers ]

This actually just started a day ago and I am trying to figure out as much as I can before calling a service person (if necessary). My apologies in advance if I am leaving out important details but I've never dealt with a faulty heater or A/C before. My central heater in the attic was running...

Forced air furnace blows cold at first... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I found this forum full of helpful answers, so I'm hoping will be able to get some ideas on what could be wrong with my heating system. Iam using forced air furnace, that was working fine last year blowing hot air. However, this fall soon after turning it on, cycle starts but blowing...

Gas furnace blows out cold air at night [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a problem that I haven't quite seen here and I have no idea how to search for it. Here's the deal: I have a gas furnace. I'm trying to save energy, so I got a new thermostat at the beginning of the fall. I set it to 68 when we're awake and in the house, and 60 after 10pm and...

Furnace blows cold air briefly several times a day [ 6 Answers ]

Goodman GMP-075-3 gas furnace circa 1994 (induced draft, hot surface ignition, ca. 80% efficient, horizontally mounted in unheated attic, no A/C). Honeywell Magistat thermostat. The furnace worked fine for about 8 years, and still heats well and maintains the proper temperature. Starts with an...

Heater blows warm air but also cold [ 1 Answers ]

Our heater blows warm air out as it is supposed to, but also blows cold air out of the cold air return vents. Any idea on how to fix this short of replacing the system?

View more questions Search