Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murpheyb120000 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2010, 08:36 PM
    Jewelry
    I am interested in learning how to make some jewelry. My boss does and it's beautiful, but she took an expensive class. Any suggestions on how to get started on a budget. I am not very crafty, but I would like to try!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2010, 09:14 PM
    Hi, murpheyb120000!

What sort of jewelry is it that you're wanting to make, please? I've thought about making jewelry myself to sell and to make some extra cash.

Thanks!
    Big Auntie Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Apr 2, 2010, 04:47 PM

Check out your local bead store; they usually offer classes that are cheap and range from the absolute beginner to the professional level. I took one here in Billings, MT for about $10; it included all the materials including the beads of my choice, and I made a lovely bracelet for my niece! I learned a lot, the class was small, and the teacher was great. If you have any of the large retail chain craft stores in your area, they also offer classes and they are usually pretty inexpensive.
    krafteame Posts: 48, Reputation: 11

Feb 16, 2012, 10:01 PM
    You may want to consider making your own beads and pendants. Polymer clay is a versatile median to use. It has a wide variety of tech. that you can learn it is a craft itself. You can make beautiful beads/jewelry out of polymer clay. A couple of positive things about polymer clay is it is oven cured and there is also endless tutorials online to learn from. Hope this is helpful.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
    I am self-taught through books and various beading magazines. I've successfully sold my jewelry on Etsy but haven't done it recently due to time constraints. Its fun and fairly easy to do!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is H.S.jewelry [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 inch necklace marked H.S. can anyone tell me what the H.S means? Or any information about it?

Cash for old jewelry [ 4 Answers ]

I have a small 10k gold ring that I was thinking of getting rid of at a local shope that buys old jewely/coins etc. Any chance of getting anything for it, even if very minimal? Just looking for a little extra cash.

Jewelry [ 3 Answers ]

:D Can you tell me all about mood rings?:D

Cameo Jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what kind of cameo this is ?

Jewelry Value [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 18k Cartier Gold Chain 36 inches and 68.5 grams in weight Vintage how much do any one think it's worth? It is 2.4 ounces

View more questions Search