Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillypol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 04:47 AM
    I am 38 and have started leaking a clear fluid from my right nipple is this cause for concern
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Dec 2, 2006, 07:07 AM
    Jillypol - a lot of what is mentioned in the above posts may apply to your case - read them. To briefly review, a bloody discharge is more suspicious than a clear one - but a discharge from only one breast is more suspicious than from both. Regardless, any discharge needs to be taken seriously. You need to schedule an appointment with your doctor as soon as you can to have this evaluated. Hopefully you have been doing regular self-exams. It is getting close to time for you to have a baseline mammogram if you have not had one already. Your doctor should be familiar with the most up-to-date recommendations for breast screening and you should make a point of discussing this with him / her at your appointment. If you are not comfortable with self exams - have them teach you the proper way with the best demonstration model available - your own breasts...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 2, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Jilly,

I notice that you are new here and I wanted to let you know that I moved your post so that you will have a thread of your own. This may help you get better answers for your particular situation.

Now, for your problem. JGJ has given you a beautiful answer

Have you done a breast exam recently? Have you found any lumps.

At the age of 32 I had leakage from my right side also, I did in fact find a lump. I had breast cancer, I am now a 10 year survivor.

I say this not to scare you, but to teach the importance of breast self exams as well as the importance of going to a doctor when your body is doing something that is out of the ordinary for you. Please make an appointment with your gynocologist as soon as possible. And, if you do not know how to do an exam, your doc would be more than happy to teach you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breasts leaking milk why? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi my breasts are leaking milk and I don't know why I'm not sure if I'm preg's or not till next week when my period is due. If I'm not pregnant why are my boobs leaking is this normal? My youngest daughter is 5 yrs so its been a while since they have been in use. Lol:)

Leaking breasts [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 34 she has 4 children the youngest is 9 months old. She had the coil fitted shortly after her last child and has been putting on weight around her tummy ever since so much so that I thought she may be pregnant she has had a test which is negative but now her breasts are leaking...

Leaking breasts [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I had a daughter 3yrs ago and also had the coil fitted and my boobs have started to leak milk and I wanted to now what it could mean I am pregnant and if so is the coil harmin the baby

Leaking Breasts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a almost 7 month old son, who would not breastfeed from day one, When he was about 2 monthes my breasts stopped producing milk and weeping, Today I woke up and my breasts were leaking, not milk but the clear fluid before I get the milk, could I be pregnant again ? Thank you, ...

65 year old slightly leaking from both breasts [ 1 Answers ]

My mum who is 65 years old is slightly leaking from both her breasts . She does take a cocktail of medications for various illnesses.She suffers from Angina , Diabettes, high blood preesure,colities and anemia .She was wondering if if could be her medication that was causing this problem .Could you...

View more questions Search