Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sniperblade9 Posts: 138, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2010, 11:37 AM
    Graphic Card
    I have a hp pavilion slimline desktop s3700f and I can't find what bit I can use. I found 32 bit followed by service pack one and the vista program but I could no find anything for 32 bit graphic cards so I think I made a mistake. What kind of bits can I use for it? I know it has to be low profile because it is slimline. If you find a graphic card or the bit please tell and if any other info about buying graphic cards. Sorry this is not wrote well.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2010, 09:08 PM

It says it comes with built-in video card
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics with 128MB dedicated graphics memory
    Features/Specs

* 2.6GHz AMD Athlon X2 5000 Dual-Core Processor
    * 3GB DDR2 SDRAM
    * NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics with 128MB dedicated graphics memory
    * 320GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive
    * LightScribe 16x SuperMulti DVD Burner
    * Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface
    * Integrated 5.1 channel sound
    * 15-in-1 memory card reader
    * Comes with keyboard and optical mouse
    * Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium
    * Inputs/Outputs: 6 x USB, 1 x FireWire, 2 x PS/2
    * Dimensions: 13.39""(L) x 4.21""(W) x 10.87""(H/D)
    You can purchase a video card - PCI Express x16 Video card (One Slot available)
    HP Pavilion Slimline s3700f Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion Slimline s3700f Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

If you purchase a separate video card, you would need to disable the on-board video adapter that it is using now

Mar 29, 2010, 09:29 PM

I am looking for a new graphics card. Right now I know I need a 16x and low profile. Does the bit really even matter? I'm looking for a upgrade for gaming and I don't want to buy another computer...
    jrhea Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Mar 29, 2010, 09:35 PM

HP Pavilion Slimline s3700f: Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6 GHz dual core processor.

Chipset type: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE/nForce 430.

Video Memory 128 MB

Expansion Slots Total (Free) 1 ( 0 ) x Processor , 1 ( 0 ) x PCI , 1 ( 1 ) x PCI Express x16 , 2 ( 0 ) x Memory - DIMM 240-pin

Graphic cards will be measured in Mb's not 32 bit or 64 bit. The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer's processor (also called a CPU), handles information.

32-bit and 64-bit Windows: frequently asked questions

Based on the above specs. Of your desktop, I would suggest that you look for a PCIex16 graphics card. Of course it needs to be sff (small form factor) or there are conversion kits available that convert standard graphic cards to small form factor:
    XFX MA-BK01-LP1K Low Profile Double/Single Bracket Kit at TigerDirect.com

PCI express 2.0 x 16 graphics cards will also work with PCI express x 16 however, it will be bottlenecked to the 1.0x specification.

Hope this helps.

Mar 31, 2010, 12:11 PM
    Is Their a way to find out what parts you will need for the new graphic to fit into the back without looking inside or removing the graphics card? I'm not really sure if I need the white one but I do need the blue one to plug into the monitor I think.
    jrhea Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Apr 25, 2010, 12:46 PM
    The only (negative) customer comments I noticed were:

"Cons: If you're purchasing this card to put into a small form factor Acer or Gateway PC, don't bother. The adapter for a SFF pc is a single unit and is backwards as to what will fit in the Gateway and Acer SFF pc's."

Would suggest you visit mfg's. Website for specific applications.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer graphic card [ 1 Answers ]

HI I have AMD sempron 2800 processor and 512 mb ram , PC works fine on onboard graphics but when I install 128mb nvidia geforce graphic card , PC reboots automatically after every 10 minutes or gives a blue screen error , so is there a problem with the graphic card I am using...

Need New Graphic Card for PC Gaming [ 2 Answers ]

I wasn't sure to post this under video games or computers so you. I have a HP Pavilion slimline desktop s3700f computer and it has a nvidia Ge Force 6150 ge graphic card. I am trying to play some good quality graphic games like assassins creed and the newish 007 game on steampowered. Some of the...

Graphic Card [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there :) I'm just trying to find an update for nvidia geforce mx/mx 400, but don't know how. Can anybody find for me new update. Thanks :-=):)

View more questions Search