Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mh305 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2010, 08:08 PM
    "Valid SSN" for EIC
    Hi,

I was working on tax filing, and have been a bit confused about the term "Valid SSN." In order to get EIC (earned income credit), both my wife and I have to have VALID SSN according to IRS. I just wonder if we are eligible for this.

-My wife got her SSN when she was a student (F-1 visa)
    -Now her visa status has been changed to F-2 (student's spouse).
    -Her SSN hasn't been changed so far, but I guess she can't work with F-2.

Is the SSN she has still considered as "Valid SSN" for tax filing?

Thanks,
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 4, 2010, 01:13 PM
    Redundant question; already answered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

RichEd.Dll "is not valid" [ 1 Answers ]

I've been getting an error message that C:\Windows\System32\RichEd.Dll Is not a valid Windows file. Apart from this constant error message, the computer is running fine. What do I have to do to correct this? My EMachines PC is running Win XP home, which came installed. I have the "System...

"tin" or "ssn" or "ittn" [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I came on "h-1b" to usa just couple of weeks ago. I need to know whether "ssn" can be applied for my wife. I heard that the tax which would be paying will be less when I claim that 'am living here with my family. For that to happen , what is that I need to do from my side. Do I need to apply...

View more questions Search