Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 18, 2007, 07:02 PM
    As I remember David and Sol were warrior kings and the Israelites struggle against the Canaanites is from the bible. This I remember from Sunday school in the 50's, so no quotes from me.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Feb 19, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    As I remember David and Sol were warrior kings and the Israelites struggle against the Canaanites is from the bible. This I remember from Sunday school in the 50's, so no quotes from me.
    David and Saul were warrior kings. However, they were completely disinterested in spreading their religion. More intent on quelling their enemies who were at times Phillistim and at other times other nations.

I went to Sunday School in the 1950s but I don't remember seeing you there.

:)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 19, 2007, 10:50 PM
    Right up front with a bow tie.
    Washaun99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2012, 12:44 AM
    You can do the same thing one should do with any intentionally overcomplicated set of rules and principles targeted toward the purpose of controlling behavior of people by the ones who wrote the book. That even includes the ridiculous 17000 + page Federal Tax code; which in the same way is just an attempt to control the behavior of the people and reap benefits for the ones in control. Just quiet your mind as you lie down at night and sincerely ask for help with these things you seek. You can ask Jesus, Mohammed, Krishna or Ali Baba and the 40 thieves. It matters not. God is real smart and can figure out what you are asking for. Don't let all these institutions trap you into over complicating the situation. Just stop and think for yourself. Love and Light to you and the sincere desire that you come upon a greater understanding of what you seek. Washaun

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting holiday gifts for persons of other religions [ 9 Answers ]

Okay I know I have made fun of them but I have An aunt, uncle, and three cousins who are Jehovas witnesses. I know they don't celebrate santa and all that stuff. Isn't there some way I can get something for them that won't offend or start a war?

Gender equality in the mainstream religions [ 19 Answers ]

One of significant shortfalls of the "Great book religions" (IMHO) is their insistence on the inequality of the sexes. Even for those few varieties of western Protestantism that allow women to be priests and bishops, inequality is still fixed into the foundations of the theology. The myths of...

We are 2 different Religions! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Leesand, I am a sophomore at college. I have known my boyfriend for a while, and we became really good friends when he was a senior in high school, and I a freshmen in college. Well we started dating in October, so its been 7 months. We both love each other but there is one...

Afraid of tools/symbols of other religions? [ 22 Answers ]

I'm currently in a World Religions class at my university. On the first day, the instructor brought in an African fertility doll and passed it around the room. Before passing it, he said that it was believed by the African people who created it that by touching it and/or possessing it, a woman...

Can a child be baptized into 2 religions? [ 3 Answers ]

I am English and my husband is Greek and we live in Ireland. My son age 7 was born in Belgium and has a British passport. My husband is going to baptize him in Athens, Greece over Easter so he will be Greek Orthodox, but I want to baptize him in England so he is church of England like myself. Is...

View more questions Search