Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeNdOniMe Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Mar 28, 2010, 04:05 PM
    Biten Nails
    Hi,

I have biten my nails for years and they were in awful shape, I have recently stopped and they have grown quite well however they are only 'bonded' with the nail bed for a short length. This means I cannot grow them to a 'normal' length as before they even get anywhere near to the end of my finger they snap or break. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to help them 'bond' to my nail bed and stop them snapping? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks x
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2010, 04:09 PM

I don't understand what you mean about them not bonding to the nail bed. It sounds like your nails are just week. I've noticed when I remember to take my calcium vitamins consistently for a while, my nails get stronger. Those nails polishes that claim to help your nails get stronger help a little. But a healthier diet will help more
    MeNdOniMe Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Mar 28, 2010, 04:13 PM

By bonding I mean like when then nail is attached to the bed underneath, when its not you can see and it looks white and is free?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2010, 05:36 PM

Everyone's nails are like that, if I'm understanding you correctly. When your nails start to grow, the tips are white and no attached to the finger at the very tip.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My brother was biten by a dog [ 3 Answers ]

My brother was bitten by a Lab Dog in Miami, Fl on October 2003. He was at his mortgage broker's house to fill out the application and the dog was resting on the living room but he went over him and was attacked. His broker took him to the hospital and offered to pay all the medical bills. One...

I've been biten by a yellow fly [ 2 Answers ]

What are some remedies for yellow fly bites. I am still undergoing severe swelling after being bite several months ago. I have tried allery medications and if I do not take one a day the swelling reoccurs.

T-nails [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Using W2K pro and have a bunch of jpg photos in folders. Now at one time when I open a folder I could see all thumbnails of photos(actual picture) and just scroll through to pick them. But somewhere along the lines aka program change or removal, I no longer see them instead an icon of what...

View more questions Search