Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancydrewfan123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2010, 05:53 AM
    What percent of American colleges are secular?
    I'm writing a paper on Islam in American education, and I need to write in my paper how many American colleges, of the 4, 084 in America, are secular. Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2010, 06:13 AM

You can research the over 7000 US colleges on the Dept of Education web site.

Most will be divided between public and private.
    nancydrewfan123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2010, 07:11 AM
    Thanks a lot! :)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    you can reserach the over 7000 US colleges on the Dept of Education web site.

most will be divided between public and private.
    I don't see how this answers the OP's question. By "secular" I assume he is asking how many colleges are not affiliated with a religious order. Clearly public universities/colleges are not aligned with any religious groups, but most private colleges are also not affiliated with any particular religious order.

According to this site: Christian Colleges and Universities there are around 900 self-described religously-affiliated colleges in the US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Percy Motors has a target capital structure of 40 percent debt and 60 percent common [ 2 Answers ]

Percy Motors has a target capital structure of 40 percent debt and 60 percent common equity, with no preferred stock. The yield to maturity on the company's outstanding bonds is 9 percent, and its tax rate is 40 percent. Percy's CFO estimates that the company's WACC is 9.96 percent. What is Percy's...

List of the non-secular countries [ 2 Answers ]

Declared religious states

Secular or non-secular ? [ 2 Answers ]

Secular Iraq is slowly becoming a more decent, stable society now it is embracing democracy and, particularly, becoming more secular. I think this should be a message to the other countries that base their regime on religious doctrine.

Secular Humanism [ 88 Answers ]

The Council for Secular Humanism is the * leading organization for non-religious people. A not-for-profit educational association, the Council supports a wide range of activities to meet the needs of people who find meaning and value in life without looking to a god. Secular Humanism is a way of...

The secular Messiah [ 79 Answers ]

The righteous left has a conniption fit over the alleged Bush "theocracy." The spiteful criticisms of "right-wing evangelical neocons" have been abundant on these pages. An alleged cross (or you can call it a bookcase) in a Huckabee ad stirred up all kinds of outrage. You know what, I'm more...

View more questions Search