Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    husker55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 11:14 AM
    Tell me I need an electrician...
    Hey gang,

Removed old flushmount in kitchen ceiling that had 3 incandescent bulbs. Two wires coming down from attic--knob and tube for this particular fixture, I think. No box in the ceiling. Old fixture was connected to a metal hanger connected with wood filler strips. Wires just come through a hole. New two-light incandescent is rated at 90c, of course. I'd like to use 40 or 60 watt screw-in halogens in the new fixture.

Thanks for the help
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2010, 04:49 AM
    As long as the fixture is rated at least 60 watts for each lampholder, and can handle the lamp, your fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrician tools [ 5 Answers ]

For the Electrician who has almost everything: Giant Knife 16999 Wenger Swiss Army Knife Only $1400

Event Electrician looking for more [ 5 Answers ]

Hello pro electricians, I am an Event Electrician who works in the NY and Las Vegas areas for special events, concerts, festivals, etc etc. I am not associated with any union, and I freelance for work. I did attend college for Theatrical Lighting Design, and act very often as a Master...

Bad electrician... Need help [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, hopefully someday will be able to help me. I hired an "electrician" though not certified or licenced, he said (and sounded) like he knew his stuff... That was last August. SInce then, he has spent probably a total of 20 to 30 hours working on my house. His job, was to remove all the metal...

View more questions Search