Fuse burned out or a short circuit
    cronic94 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2013, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by denniskrug View Post
    Fuse burned out or a short circuit
    Are you saying you found your problem?
    denniskrug Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2013, 08:53 AM
    No the fuse burned out or a short circuit was I thought an answer to another persons problem he had. His problem was that his lights went out but ewverything else worked just fine. So it sounded to me like an accessory fuse burned out. My problem is still there but I'm just waiting on one more part to start my work on it. I'm replacing the gas petcock and gas line ands I'm waiting on a fuel sending unit so I can replace the non working gas sending unit I have to fix my gas gauge. When I get that thewn I'll start work on the whole deal. The reason for the wait is because I don't want to clean my gas tank and replace my petcock and gas line then latter on put the sending unit on and have contaminants fall into the tank screwing things up again.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 28, 2013, 09:10 AM
    Dennis, A clogged vent in the Tank could cause slow flow, See how the fuel flow is fuel line disconnected, Many bikes have Petcocks that have a vacuum line going to them so fuel flow stops when engine is off(no vacuum). Petcock has a diaphram. Headlight Not working could also be a bad bulb, headlight switch, and with the fuel sender out, could be a ground problem.
    Check for variable resistance on the fuel sender. I am more for testing parts, than changing parts.
    Good Luck
    denniskrug Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2013, 10:37 AM
    My Harley is an older bike aned does not have a vacume operated petcock mine is manual.My old petcock I believe is plugged because for one thing when I removed it there was NO filtering screen on it and there were contaminants in it. I don't have a problem with my head light I was just answering a question for someone else but what you said is a good answer . My fuel sending unit the ground on it is very good and is secure I know that it is the unit that's bad but hey I really do appreciate the advice that's why I'm here :-) You are right about checking something to see if it's bad rather than replaceing it but I don't have the equipment to check stuff and I wouldn't even know where to take it to have it checked except a Harley Dealer and with the cost of that I might just as well buy a new part :-)
    Uber Member

May 28, 2013, 11:52 AM
    Did you have smooth variable resistance on the sender?
    Good flow with Hose removed from Carbs?
    p2o Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2013, 08:49 AM
    I have a 2000 roadking fuelinjected. Starts fine but shuts down after a few seconds. Ran fine when parked 4 days ago. Does not need gas. Any ideas?
    Uber Member

May 31, 2013, 06:55 AM
    Dennis, I would add an Inline filter, If you have been trying to start without, the carbs may? Be contaminated.
    p2o, You need to determine if losing fuel or spark.
    olexiewicz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2013, 12:19 PM
    2012 Street glide. 4k miles on it. Check eng and batt lamp came on and voltage only shows about 10.5 any ideas?
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2013, 07:52 AM
    Bad Battery
    Not Charging
    A Drain?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Harley Davidson Decals [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking for a specific harley davidson decal. It came out about 3 years ago. It was a tiger and face claws with the body extending out in flames and underneath the tiger was the harley logo and next to that it says untamed. I was wondering if anyone knows what decal I am talking about or...

Troubleshooting on harley davidson motorcycle [ 4 Answers ]

Does a 1975 Harley Davidson motorcyle need to have lead added to unleaded gasoline to run correctly?

Harley Davidson decals [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for wholesale Harley Davidson decals to put on a trailer that you pull behind your cycle. I've checked eBay but am still looking for just the ones for the side. Don't want hog flames or skeletons or anything like that. Thanks to anyone that replies.

Harley Davidson [ 3 Answers ]

The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur. 'Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is, you can hang out with anyone you want to in heaven.' Arthur...

View more questions Search