Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Albert Lloyd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 07:25 AM
    On Salary,working 55+ hrs, Paid for 40hrs
    I worked on a average of 55hrs. Per week and only got paid for 40hrs. (on salary). Can anything be done?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2010, 07:33 AM

The hours you, as a salaried employee, worked over your 40 hrs. apparently are not considered overtime. Check with HR or your work contract. If you are considered an hourly employee, then you have a beef, especially if the boss or your supervisor approved your extra time put in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2010, 04:32 PM

No, salary is just that a amount of money you get for working, it is not normally based on any secific number of hours.

If you are working for too low a salary that is another issue.

A person on salary have to work any number of hours their company asks

I know almost no salary people that work less than 50 to 60 hours a week every week

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary/do you have to be in the office a certin amount of hrs to be paid for the day [ 2 Answers ]

I left the office sick I was only in the office a few hours do I get paid for the hole day or do I have to be in the office 1/2 day to be paid the entire day

How is a salary person to be paid? [ 2 Answers ]

Is a salary person only to be paid 4 weeks even if it's a 5 week month?:confused:

They say I am not salary, but why don't I get paid hourly? [ 18 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/payroll/hourly-employee-working-2-080-hours-year-but-getting-paid-just-1-920-a-79955.html My question, is similar to the link above, but I am still not understanding this! I work a total of 37.5 hours a week... No overtime! The same hours each week! Overtime...

Un-paid salary [ 2 Answers ]

I worked as a sales rep for a physical therapy center (for a short period, two weeks and 2 days) before I quite. I did not trust the owner/president of This small company and the work environ became totally negetive, and besides, I did not want to become too much in hock to him lest I get burned....

View more questions Search