Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pennysahm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 09:46 PM
    501C checking account rules
    Can a checking account be opened under a 501C (California) with a non-officer signer? Also can it have the signers name on the account and just use the 501C number?
    Pennysahm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 09:49 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can a checking account be opened under a 501C (California) with a non-officer signer? Also can it have the signers name on the account and just use the 501C number?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2010, 06:48 PM

Their checking account has to be in the name of the 501C under their own EIN number.

The people who are allowed to sign may be an employee or anyone authorised by the board to pay bills. ( accountant, book keeping, account payable clerk)

But remember the Non profit group is responsible for those checks and any improper payments that are made.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

501c rules regarding agenda's [ 7 Answers ]

Does agenda need to be spacific like saying discossion & possible action and if it is not on the agenda can it be discussed and acction done? We are a 501c corp.

Can a checking account be garnished if they don't know the account number? [ 3 Answers ]

When a court ordered judgment is entered against you, can it randomly be sent to any bank to determine if you have an account there, or do they have to know what your checking account number is in order to send the garnishment?

Take money from my checking account [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is filing for single bankruptcy I am not on any of the accounts but I have paid some of them using my bank account number electronically she is not on my bank account. Can her creditors attack my banking account that is only in my name since I have used it before to pay some of the bills....

Checking account [ 3 Answers ]

My name is olga and I recently deposited a check through the atm at usbank (the bank I bank with) and yesterday when I called to check my account I was told that my account was on a hold and that I had to contact the fraud department. Why could that be the banker told me that he didn't know why....

Can a checking account be garnisheed [ 3 Answers ]

Can a checking account be garnisheed:mad:

View more questions Search