Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rodas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Any tips on getting a lucid dream
    I've tried for a while but I'm unsuccessful. I really would like to have lucid dreams, would be like an awesome videogame!
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 09:46 PM
    Have you tried going to sleep thinking of what you want to dream about?
    sallgood Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 03:36 AM
    You DO NOT want a lucid dream... trust me... you wake up all confused thinking people have died or that all of your friends hate you... its not a blessing I promise. If it means that much though... depression meds give me mine...
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 16, 2006, 03:59 AM
    There are some very good books available on the subject. One I can personally recommend highly is "The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep" by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, though there are other more well known books from a considerably more Western orientation.
    Good luck. Take care. :)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2006, 04:12 AM
    One method is to do something during your waking life, like checking your watch and making sure the time makes sense.

If you can make that a habit, then you may try to do it in a dream, and you'll realise that the time doesn't make sense, and that's when you realise you're dreaming and your dream turns into a lucid one.

It's quite hard to keep lucid dreaming, because you do have a desire to open your eyes.

I think sallgood isn't describing a lucid dream. You can make anything you want happen in your dream as long as you know how :)
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Hi liza, no I don't use that method, but I have read it's a good way to do it. You need a reality check in the dream, and if you're in the habit of looking at your watch and making sure it makes sense during the day, then you should do it in your dream too (and it won't make sense in the dream and hopefully you can catch it).

Of course there are cases where you might look at the watch and it says HELLO in big letters and you assume it's perfectly normal - that is the nature of our mind in a dreamlike state. But I've read it's been useful to many people trying to achieve lucidity.

I have obtained a lucid dream a few times, but I've always found it hard to keep my eyes closed. Each time the lucidity was created by me tweaking something unusual - for instance if I could breath underwater.

I don't really have the discipline to begin forming a habit to try and provide more lucid dreaming, although I would love to do it if it was easier - being able to control your dreams is vastly liberating - even from the short sessions I've had.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 10:26 AM
    I had one of these the other night. I have only as far as I am aware had this type of dream 3 times in my lifetime. It was an extremely strange experience and something I would love to know how to actually instigate by choice. As far as I can remember it, I was consciously aware of my being asleep and was also able to choose the possible outcome of the dream to an extent. I was telling myself to pick objects up in the dream and for things to appear in the dream. Like Capuchin said, there is also a desire to wake up and I woke up as far as I remember 3 or so times and was able to drift back to sleep supposedly in the same lucid dream.. A strange feeling I had was the point at which I was waking up and it was almost as if my dream body was becoming weak as my true body in reality was coming to life (so to speak)... Can't really explain it properly as it is as I say a strange experience.

I know it sounds far fetched for someone that has never experienced them but hand on heart, this phenomenally strange form of dreaming is possible. Don't ask me how you do it though because I have never consciously thought about it happening, it just happened. I think relaxation or reaching some kind of meditational state helps. As I say, I believe I have only experienced this 3 times in my life so it is a rare occurrence unless there is a proven technique to it but that is beyond me.
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2007, 10:39 AM
    I find that you have to realise that the dream is a dream, and that's when you gain consciousness.

There are some good ways of doing it, the clock one supposedly works well. There are quite a few sites dedicated to lucid dreaming, I'll see if I can dig a few up sometime.
    kalymanKe Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 09:19 AM

Check dreamViews page, have really good techniques that might help
    QUE_SAGE Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 06:21 AM
    Good suggestions by others!
    1- reality checks
    2 dream journal
    3 wbtb technique
    4 try try try again!
    5 read books and around forums for techniques and aids to lucid dream!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with dream [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Here go's, I was at a gathering and my sister said she did not want to Grill. This was all happening in a dark place, I don't exactly know what to make of it, And acouple of weeks ago I had a dream... We were siting across from each other staring at each other, Can any one help...

My Dream [ 2 Answers ]

Last night I had a dream that I bought a Toyota Camery. It was black and I came out the dealership and it was parked outside. I got in and adjusted the mirrors. Got out and kept saying "this purchase is dumb, this is stupid. I went from no car note and low insurance to a car note and higher...

Intense, vivid, lucid dreams since moving to new home [ 5 Answers ]

I have heard that we always dream, whether you remember them or not. For the past 5-10 years, I have not remembered many of my dreams and if I did, they were few and far between. However, since I had moved into my new home about 5 days ago, each night I have had very vivid, lucid, and intense...

Dream [ 10 Answers ]

I had a dream about my grand dad who passed on, We were in a dark space, I seen a spray of flowers, callalilys. I wondered what this was suppose to mean, while I was Having this dream. I thought maybe someone was going to die, I fell to my knees, grandfather told be to be still & I would know. ...

View more questions Search