Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaushik Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 05:36 PM
    Deducting house rent paid as tenant
    Hi,

Can one deduct house rent paid as a tenant in principal place of residence in itemized deductions (schedule A) of 1040 federal tax return form?

Please let me know at the earliest.

Thank you,

Kaushik
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 26, 2010, 06:41 PM

Rent is not a deductible item.
    kaushik Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 07:10 PM
    Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My tenant has a month-to-month lease and has not paid rent-- NYC [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a subletter in my apartment and she only has an oral agreement to stay here and she has been here for more than 30 days. First, she said she'd move at the end of last month, but on the last day she told us she was staying. When my husband asked her for the rent, she started screaming...

TX tenant abandoned property, can I rent house? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in TX and our tenant of 1 month has not paid their rent for the current month and have made no contacts to us at all. When I called the tenant and found the phone # had been disconnected, I became suspicious so I went to the property only to find it empty. It is apparent that they changed...

Co-Tenant Hasn't Paid Rent in Months - Need to collect money and evict [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I reside in Virginia. My roommate (co-tenant) has not paid their half of the rent/utilities for months now due to personal situations, but the matter seems like it is not going to resolve. How do I go about evicting my roommate and collecting the rent money owed to me? I have...

Deducting taxes paid for a new car [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a new vehicle in 2007. What can we deduct from our taxes regarding the amount paid for tax, title, and license?

DC-Tenant never paid first month's rent [ 3 Answers ]

My new tenant signed a lease, paid a security deposit, but never made her fist month's rent. She had some ridiculous excuses, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. It has been a week since the start of her lease. She has not taken possession of the unit. Can I cancel the lease and keep the...

View more questions Search