Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 01:13 PM
    Is 22 too old to start dancing?
    I am 22. I am tired of being afraid to use my body and be free with it. When younger, I used to second guess myself with everything and was extremely shy. I broke out of shyness towards the end of jr high school going to high school. Sometimes that shy, self conscious feeling creeps back in and I second guess what I do with myself and my interactions with people. It fights myself confidence. At my peak, I am very confident and strong... at my low, I am extremely self conscious about myself and isolate myself from people and end up regreting wasted time.. I want to dance! I LOVE DANCE. I am a current Justice Studies major and although I love philosophy and writing... I realized I am free in my mind when I think about the way I want to express my body... is it too late for me? I need to exercise being around people with passions... I have to be free, I have to release!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2010, 01:44 AM
    Hi, alexha!

At the age of 28, I took jazz dance classes. It went okay! But, I'm not really much of a dancing type of person.

I'd rather play the music on an instrument. However, I know that 22 is not too old to start dancing.

Do you have any problems speaking in front of people, please?

For more information about me, please read my profile.

Thanks!
    pmera Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Apr 7, 2010, 11:02 AM

Hi,

It is never to late to begin dancing, is thre a style you prefer? Some dance styles are easier to pick up when your older, like belly dance as oppose to ballet but that doesn't mean you can't do it. There are adult ballet classes and I myself started adult ballet in my early 20s and even got to a level where I could try pointe. To be a professional Ballet dancer bight be out there but if you want to have a chance to perform you could try fold dance groups, or if you want something a little more free form look at African, Bellydance, or freemovement dance groups.

Wish you the best of luck!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 01:58 PM
    I do hope that you return to here to respond to the comments that have been made, alexha!
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2010, 02:01 PM

Um, alexha.. . What kind of dancing are we talking about here?

Either way, it doesn't even matter, there's no age limit for anything in life.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 7, 2010, 02:16 PM

I say go for it, besides, you're not old, you're a baby! ;)

I started doing woodworking when I was 34, I had always wanted to build things but I was too afraid to try. Then one day I just decided to go for it. Now I make tables, key boxes, pretty much anything made of wood that can fit in my garage, I can make it. I've even made some money selling my items.

So no, you're not too old, there's no such thing. :)

Go get them. Break a leg! :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2010, 06:21 PM

You are never to old to do something you enjoy
    sohotitsscary Posts: 91, Reputation: 5

Apr 7, 2010, 06:36 PM

Heya

I'm dancing since I'm 7 I didn't get my first period till I was 17 and I had a body of a 10 year old boy so dancing early has its down turns 2 I was bullied in school because I had no boobs and I got real bad acne from stage make up but now I'm 26 and I don't dance so much I've got a girls body now ( double d ) any way I've done them all from tap, hip hop, jazz, ballroom and salsa

The best for all ages is salsa and its great for toning every where and your face hurts from smiling even from the first class
    Piper1004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2011, 07:00 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing. I used to dance and quitting is honestly my greatest regret in life. I feel like if I were to go back (again), I'd want to try a different style of dance.
    Merlin_Paul Posts: 14, Reputation: 6

Apr 28, 2011, 08:25 AM
    :)Go for it dear... I am dancing since I am 5. Now I am 21. :) So don't worry you, you are not too old to do dance,as you said you love dancing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dancing dogs? [ 9 Answers ]

ElfYourself by OfficeMax - Powered by JibJab I thought this has hysterical!:D Coogle and me:)

Am I too old to start dancing? [ 16 Answers ]

I would really love to dance, for fun, for school, it doesn't matter. I have never had any professional instruction when it comes to dance, but I can definitely bust a move. :cool: I learn very quickly and I am in GREAT shape from working out and playing tennis. But I would really love to make...

Dancing careers [ 3 Answers ]

I am 13 years old and I would love to have a career in dancing I dance at a dancing school I love it I would like to carry it on to more serious things to become a professional dancer how can I get auditions and competitions?

Dancing [ 3 Answers ]

I'm goining in to middle school and where goinig to have a dance well my ex boy-friend has a new girl friend but she is older so should I ask him or say I'm goining in a group and ask him to join us should I go with my friends or should I go by myself hhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp ...

Smoking and dancing [ 14 Answers ]

This is sort of a similar question to the one I asked about wine and spirits. I know that there are some churches that prohibit smoking and dancing (not necessarily both at the same time lol). So my question is, as before, where do these beliefs come from? Dancing is mentioned lots of times in the...

View more questions Search