Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kshnavenki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 07:22 AM
    Cannot provide service to same client for 12 months if I quit my employer
    I have signed a contract with my employer that if I leave my employer, then for 12 months I will not provide directly or indirectly any service to the client.
    How good is this agreement? Can it stand in the court? My employer has not given me any proprietary software training to be used at the client site.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Mar 26, 2010, 08:16 AM

This is more of an employment law question. Generally, non-compete agreements, when understood and signed, as long as they are not unduly restrictive, are enforceable. Was the agreement signed under duress or were you not given full disclosure?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax for Indian company to provide service in US [ 4 Answers ]

We are providing service to US company for first time and want to know what are the taxes involved? Do I have to fill in any form or does the client fills in a form? My client gave me W8BEN but my colleague told use W8ECI. I don't know the difference. Any help would be appreciated Sach

Live in NJ, in 2008 worked 6 months in NJ, 6 months in NY for the same employer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file NY state tax, which form Ineed to provide to support partial year

PA Resident, NJ Employer , NY Client. Which State Tax liable ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I live in the state of PA. I can prove my domicile there. I do not have a permanent place in NY. My employer is based in New Jersey. My employer's client is based in NY. I work from Monday to Thursday at the client work location in NY. Fridays, I work from home as needed. I return...

Forms an Employer Should Provide Part Time Employee [ 3 Answers ]

I just started working for a real estate agent and I wanted to know what kind of form he should provide me with so that I'm able to file my taxes when it comes around to doing them? I work part time (25 hrs/wk) and I don't work for the company, only him. Does he have to provide me with some kind of...

Employer didn't provide W2 or 1099 forms [ 2 Answers ]

My husbands employer did not provide him with a W2 or 1099 and he has not paid taxes quarterly as we found out he should have. There was a question on his actual emplyment status weather he was an "employee" or 'contractor". Now the company has gone out of business and we don't know how to proceed.

View more questions Search