Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2313stephen Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Mar 26, 2010, 06:57 AM
    Want to colour my hair red at home
    I have dark brown hair naturally that I colour with a semi permanent dark brown dye every 6 weeks to cover a scattering of grey hairs.
    I decided I would like something a bit more exciting like a red colour. Purchased a pemanent 'Garnier 100% color in intense red' and coloured my hair. Its covered my greys and is even all over but my hair is still dark brown with red tones noticeable in daylight. I really wanted something more intense, is there any way this is achievable at home? I would not consider stripping the colour out of my hair first as that just seems too drastic and damaging to the hair. Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2010, 10:47 AM

You'll want to wait at least 2 weeks before doing anything else to your hair. I suggest going to a professional salon and getting it done there, they will be able to tell how your current hair color will mix with the dye in order to achieve the results you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Completely messed up hair colour:( How do I get rid of red tones in dark brown hair? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay first of all, I cannot go to a hairdresser. I have social anxiety disorder and agoraphobia which prevents me from doing a lot of things in public. Please tell me what I can do at home. My hair is naturally medium ash brown. I dyed it black awhile ago. I waited for it to grow out a bit and then...

Can I dye my hair red with box colour over bleached hair [ 2 Answers ]

Hey if I dyed my hair red with a box colour from the shop over bleached hair that is blondy brown that I had dne at the hairdressers would it damage or turn my hair a different colour ?

Take red tone out of hair colour [ 4 Answers ]

I currently used a loreal product to highlight my hair. I was trying to go blonde, but the colour turned out brassy or reddy. How can I correct the colour to get rid of the red tone and get a blonde colour

How to Colour White Hair Red [ 4 Answers ]

I am 62 years old and have completely white hair. I loved it for the first five years, but now I am ready for a change. I have never coloured my hair red before and am wondering if red looks good on mature women. Thank you for any assistance I may receive. ~ Dale ~

What will colour stripper do to red hair? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi again, I asked a similar question yesterday but I don't think I phrased it very well. I've been dyeing my hair red for a few years now, but I'm finally getting tired of it. I'm considering using colour stripper, but what will this do - make it lighter or darker? I'm naturally a medium...

View more questions Search