Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    01234567 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 05:08 AM
    Ear repiercing
    Hi I've had my ears pierced in elementary school. It was fine for a couple years and then started getting puffy and irritated whenever I tried to wear earrings so I gave up on wearing them and let them close up. Now probably 6 years later, they've pretty much closed up. I would like to get my ears pierced again but I'm worried if it'd hurt more to get them repierced in the same spot? And is it okay to get them repierced in the same spot? Even if the hole many not be fully closed? Or should I not be worried at all and just go for it?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 05:43 AM

I know some women who are alergic to gold... much less the cheaper stuff that passes as jewlery. If you get them repierced you will run a repeat of that minor alergic reaction. Unless you find something your body tollerates. Some people are allergic to the Surgical Stailess stuff as well. And the Platinum stuff is hard to find and very expensive.
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2010, 05:47 AM

I redid mine myself, it hurt just a little bit. Ask the piercer about hypoallergic jewlery

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repiercing ear lobes in a child [ 1 Answers ]

My 7 year old daughter just had her ear lobes pierced today and one of the holes is a little high. The lady at the store said that I could remove the earring, bring it back to the store and they would pierce it in the new position immediately. Does that sound like a good idea?

Repiercing ear lobes in a child [ 8 Answers ]

My 7 year old daughter just had her earlobes pierced today and one of them is a little too high. I would prefer to have it moved down. The lady at the store told me that I could take out the earring, bring my daughter back to the store and pierce in a different position immediately. Is that a...

Repiercing ear lobes [ 3 Answers ]

I had my 9 month old daughter's ears pierced 8 weeks ago. One earring was done at an angle. So they told me to pull it out and let it heal. They would repierce it after it closed. A week later I went back and they pierced it again. This time the angle was even worse. It has been 7 weeks and I...

Wrong placement - ear repiercing? [ 4 Answers ]

Had a second piercing put in each earlobe yesterday and am unhappy with one of the piercing positions - it is very near the edge of the lobe and not where I'd asked for! :mad: (was done with a gun, I realise the risks but had no trouble in the past). Could someone let me know how long I need to...

Ear repiercing [ 6 Answers ]

I had my ears pierced 4 years ago and I don't like the placement of the hole on my right lobe. I would like to let it close up and then get it repierced with the placement of the new hole being slightly above the old hole. I was wondering if I get the new hole so close to the old hole, will the...

View more questions Search