Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

Mar 26, 2010, 02:21 AM
    Trustee meeting
    I am in the process of going through a chapter 7 bankruptcy. I met with the trustee a cpl of days ago and when he asked me if I had gotten my tax return back, I told him that I had. He then asked me what I had done with it. I told him that I had paid some bills and paid my children's grandfather back some money he borrowed me. The amount was 4000, which was borrowed so that my children and I could get a house to rent (otherwise we would have been homeless) and to buy a car since mine had been repo'd. The car is in the grandfathers name right now. The trustee infomed my lawyer that he wants the money returned to my estate in the amount of 3000. What can I do about this? I was told by the atty that my tax return couldn't be touched since it was protected when I filed, so I thought that it shouldn't have mattered what I had done with it. I have to meet with my atty again today to figure this out... PLEASE HELP ME! I cannot have him give the money back to me since he is the only person who helps me when I need it.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2010, 04:29 AM

I think you violated your bankruptcy agreement, that's why the money must be put back. I don't think you have any other option then to comply with the trustee's request. Before using that money you should have confirmed with your lawyer. You are supposed to be bankrupt of available money at the present time. Your creditors went without.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do if the Trustee of a will is dishonest? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm a beneficiary in my grandma's will, along with my brothers and sister. The Trustee, who is also a beneficiary, is a friend of hers that lived near her, we live in other states. The will states that she is to give the beneficiaries financial statements, which she has refused to...

Trustee rights [ 2 Answers ]

I am the trustee of a trust. The trust consistes of a house. The benificiary of the the house Is a family member How can I have them evitced because he has destroyed the house .

What is a trustee sale? [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone please clarify to me what a trustee sale is and how that will effect my lease as a tenant?

View more questions Search