Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Mar 25, 2010, 03:30 PM
    Gifts for the best man and maid of honor
    The wedding is about eight weeks away most plans are in place. Since the wedding is small we are only having his son and daughter stand up. Not sure what to get them.

They are very excited about the wedding and we all get along well. They are young adults finishing college any thoughts?
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Mar 25, 2010, 04:24 PM

Do you have a price range in mind for the gifts? My husband and I gave personalized gifts for our wedding party. The Knot has a lot of gifts you can choose from Wedding Favors - Wedding Favor - Wedding Favors Ideas. Things Remembered also has a good selection of gifts you can have personalized Things Remembered - Personalized Gifts and Unique Gift Ideas to Celebrate Life's Moments
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 05:07 PM

So I assume he has two children already, so how old are they?

Mar 25, 2010, 06:34 PM

Early twenties
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 07:35 PM

Well I think something like a meaningful pendant for each of them would be nice, or something that can be put on display. Something nice, but not super expensive or anything. I'm not sure on specifics because they're older and I don't know their tastes, but I have a feeling that once oyu find soemthing you'll know. :)
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2010, 09:07 PM

I would suggest a piece of gold jewelry for each of them if that would be affordable - perhaps cuff links for the son and a locket for the girl with a chain. Both could be engraved with their initials if you wish.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Mar 29, 2010, 11:40 AM

I bought our best man 2 tickets to a pro baseball game -- he was so happy he could use it to have a day out with his son, rather than something to sit on a shelf.

I gave my maid-of-honor a print of a painting she had admired and a movie theater gift certificate (with enough $ on it to buy snacks and take a guest)

Not particularly "personal" but a handwritten thank you note can accomplish that. They were both very excited to have a "free" night out to have some fun. :)

Mar 29, 2010, 08:03 PM

They are in their early twenties. I am leaning toward an engraved gift of somesort. A locket for her perhaps .For him I am not sure .Thanks for all your ideas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maid Of Honor Toast needed quick.. HELP [ 1 Answers ]

I know it's the 11th hour, but my daughter is in desperate need for a short, cute and memorable Maid of Honor Toast for a wedding she is going to attend tomorrow (9/20). If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. **She is Maid of Honor for her best friend.

Maid of Honor [ 8 Answers ]

I'm getting married in about a year and a half. I have a younger sister, who is sixteen, and she's always been my best and truest friend. I have another great, close friend named Jennifer, who is 24. I'm wondering if it's possible to have two maids of honor? I love my sister more than naything,...

Maid of honor! [ 5 Answers ]

I have two best friends, one from childhood and another I knew since college, both want to be my maid of honor. I don't know who to choose because I don't want anyone feelings to be hurt. They both are organizing my baby shower and the wedding isn't until August 2009. I plan on asking them both....

Don't want to be the maid of honor [ 6 Answers ]

:( My sister in law is getting married. She is my husbands sister. We are not close at all but her mother and her are so snooty that I believe they asked me to be the maid because it would look bad if the asked someone else. To make a long story short, they never have really like me, they have...

Issue with being Maid of Honor [ 44 Answers ]

My best friend is getting married in May and has asked me to be the Maid of Honor. I accepted but told her when I accepted that I would not be able to afford to purchase a "one time use" gown and would need her guarantee that my dress would be something classic and re-wearable she agreed. Well...

View more questions Search