Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenni9 Posts: 40, Reputation: 5

Dec 1, 2006, 01:56 PM
    Does anyone know about DREAMS?
    I didn't know what to post this under, so I hope I posted it under the most appropriate subject. Normally I wouldn't ask a question like this (due to having a lot of crazy dreams that I'm OK with)

Last night I had a dream that I woke up in my pajamas, that a monstrous poisonous dark colored snake was in my house. My dog was trying to fight it, and in an attempt to save my dog (and me) by trying toget the snake out, I fought it fiercely. It wouldn't go away. I'd wake up screaming, and only go back to sleep to wake up screaming again, probably about 4-5 times total. I never got anywhere with the snake, just kept fighting it! I THINK I know what it's symbolizing, but would like to have it reaffirmed if that's what it is. I can't get it off my mind, and I'm a true believer in symbolic dreams. I can't seem to find anything online that fits that description.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 03:54 PM
    I'm skeptical of all generalizations about what certain things mean in dreams. I'm sure snakes mean something different in a hereptologist's dream than in mine. Speaking only for myself, I use two principles of interpretation: First, all people in the dream represent aspects of myself; and second, the emotional experience in the dream is what the dream is about--no symbology or interpretation needed. The emotional content of the dream that you describe seems to be fear, so I'd interpret it to mean that you are struggling with some great fear(s) in your life. How do you interpret it?

Dec 1, 2006, 04:22 PM
    Well, after doing a little researching (vaguely) my dog represents loyalty (which I'm over battling with), the fight represents fighting a battle and no outcome (never resolved), and yes a lot of fear in ending a battle. From my interpretation I believe the snake to be of evil and/or opposition (it was poisonus and trying to cause harm). It just has STUCK with me all day... I've never gone back to "sleep" several times and could not "get rid" of the dream! The snake also represents new beginnings in a lot of what I've been reading, which is what I'm experiencing at the moment. Can't shake this dream, it's too weird, so I guess I just answered my own question :) I NEVER have trouble sleeping (sleep like a rock) and it's just freaked me out, but helped me. I've just always heard that dreams are underlying symbols of things in people's lives. Didn't know if anyone had any input, but yours was very helpful, thanks! Sometimes it's best just to "simplify" and "break it down" like you did, I was being too complex with it!
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Dec 1, 2006, 08:10 PM
    I think dreams are symbolic in the sense our own minds create metaphors for what is affecting us in our daily life. To me the snake is something negative that is really bothering you right now and jeapoardizing something/someone beloved (the dog) in your life. It could be that a debt is denying you a home loan or someone is causing stress within you family, etc (just examples). More than likely, you know exactly what is bothering you. That's a terrible dream- you should try a little meditation or something realxing and positive before bed.

Dec 2, 2006, 07:00 AM
    Thanks; I figured it out, just needed to see different perspectives as it made such an impact on a lot of things going on in my life!
    lalala1 Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Dec 29, 2010, 09:49 PM
    Maybe you will have to fight for something you love

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you control your dreams? [ 22 Answers ]

Since I don't really have a better place to put this thread in, here it goes. I am wondering if there is a way to have some kind of influence on your dreams? I know people dream whenever they sleep, but my problem is - I RARELY remember my dreams, and I would like to remember. Also, I would like...

Dreams [ 6 Answers ]

I know that some people may not believe that a dream has any importance. For a lot of dreams maybe they do not. I do believe that possibility that every dream we have has some kind of meaning, whether it is trying to work out our daily troubles to actually letting us know of the future. Since...

Dreams [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Two years ago this month (November) I had a very close friend to die suddenly from a heart defect that she new nothing about. She left behind two small children and a husband. I often have dreams of her, and it is my understanding that when a loved one has passed on,that they will come to...

Giving up my dreams? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I originally went to college for film I wanted to direct or produce and after one year I joined the army reserve and left school to move where my new husband was stationed. Now I'm an 'army wife' and mom which is common around here but my husband is getting out soon and I would like to go...

Dreams [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal for pups to dream, cry out, and have her eyes wide open like she's scared? She's 9 weeks old and often "runs" in her sleep and makes noises, which is normal, she "sucks" as if she's nursing, which I also know is normal, but a couple of times it's as if she's afraid of something,...

View more questions Search