Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macman11393 Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Mar 24, 2010, 11:16 AM
    How to sing better
    Im in a band and I can't find things on what to do before practice like drinks or using mouthwash to clear my throat or what to drink during practice to keep it moist but not sugar blockage or flem so please tell me or give some tips on that
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 11:27 AM
    Hi, macman11393!

What to do, greatly depends on the symptoms you're experiencing. For instance, is it dryness or nasal drip that you're experiencing? Or, is it something else?

Also, what kind of singing (type or types of music) is it that you're doing, please?

Thanks!

Mar 25, 2010, 08:53 AM

I feel like when I eat or drink a sugar drink or juice I get that flem feeling and sometimes I loose my voice and the type is rock and I do some yelling in a song but mostly lower pitch medium pitch stuff
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 08:57 AM

Warm or hot water with lemon and a bit of honey will help you before you sing. Cold drinks (at least in my experience) tend to take away from the warmed up vocal chords. I recommend hot tea, as well. Stay away from caffeinated beverages before a show.

Water, too! But room temp water. :)

Mar 25, 2010, 09:49 AM

Kk thank you HistorianChick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I sing better [ 1 Answers ]

M 20 yrs old... very much interested in singing.how can I make ma voice better.. how you do breathing exercise?? I want to know everything that makes my voice like those singer.infact I want to be singer. Help me

Who sing? [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song "I am the woman at the well, I am the harlet. I am the scattered seed that fell on the ground."

Can I Sing! [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I love to sing but I only sing guys songs this sounds really weird but I can only sing in a lower tone like the band Sublime if you have heard of them then you know their tone they sing in. Well I can match their tone perectly (not even joking) but if I try to sing higher well not so good but...

Sing Sing Prison [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a list anywhere that list all the people who were executed at Sing Sing Prison.

I can sing! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Nikkie I'm 21 I'm from Miami Florida,but I'm in Macon Georgia and I can sing!! I drove from Miami to Orlando to be on American Idol and I got a judge who was races and very rude!! Then I went to New Orleans and got the same judge!! I want to prove that I have a voice that will blow...

View more questions Search