Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrayment831 Posts: 61, Reputation: -2

Mar 22, 2010, 02:18 PM
    Can child services come take your children if you were accused of taking the kids med
    This is his 2nd drug charge, and he hasn't even went to court for the 1st one yet, and a couple days ago, he was arrested for filing a false police report, and stealing his sons medication, and endangering the welfare of a child. The case worker from CFS, said he could lose his kids until he is either charged, or found not-guilty. Can anyone help me with this?

Mar 22, 2010, 02:22 PM
    On a 2nd drug charge, can they take your kids away?
    If someone has had 2 drug charges, and the police file a report with child services saying that the father stole the child's meds and was filing a police report to try and obtain more of the meds because the father was taking them, will child services take the kids away?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2010, 02:25 PM

Hello j:

They certainly could.

excon

Mar 22, 2010, 02:29 PM

Thank you, because my husband is certain they can't. So I told him to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. But they're his kids, so I know he's scared.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2010, 04:24 PM

Definitely prepare for them to come and get the kids. They've taken kids away for less. The only reason they would not take them is there is no room for them in any facility right now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 06:36 PM

Yes, they can at least temp pull the children if there is even a suspect that something is happening wrong. With charges and a second time it is much more likely.

Mar 24, 2010, 06:29 AM

Thank you all for all your advice, and answering my question. I know he's completely broken up about it right now, and he told me this morning, to just love him through it. I'm just the step-mom, so will they remove my husband from the home, and let them stay with me? Will they contact their birth mother who hasn't even seen or talked to the kids in well over a year? Or will they place them with family? Or is it straight to foster care?

Mar 24, 2010, 06:38 AM
    My husband is torn, he's facing losing his kids, what can I do as his wife?
    My husband has a few charges that he's facing from about 6 months ago, still hasn't been sentenced yet. Hoping to get probation. And then this past Friday, he was arrested for filing a false police report, theft of medication, and endangering a child, because it was his son's meds he was accused of taking. Now we have the police reporting to social services about all this, and they have opened a case, and he's scared to death of having his kids taken away, he even mentioned he's kill himself if it ever happens, what can I do as his wife to help him through all this? I don't know what to do, except just listen to him when he talks about it.
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrayment831 View Post
    so will they remove my husband from the home, and let them stay with me? or is it straight to foster care?
    Hello again, j:

They have no power to remove your husband. They're not cops. But they CAN take your kids, and I'll bet they do. It'll be foster care for the time being.

I don't think either of you understand how serious this is. IF your son had a prescription, it's because he NEEDED a certain drug. To deprive your child of his medication simply to get high IS child abuse, plain and simple. For YOU to let this go on right under your nose indicates that you're neglectful of your child's welfare, at the very least.

excon

Mar 24, 2010, 06:51 AM

First of all, I had NOTHING to do with any of this. My husband handles all the meds in the house, he even puts MINE out every morning and every night. He was in charge of giving his son (they're HIS kids), his meds, one every morning. I had NO IDEA that he was taking them whatsoever. So for you to point fingers at me is completely ignorant. If I HAD known, I'd have done something about it. BUt I don't control that. But thank you for judging me by my post, and not asking about the full situation.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 06:57 AM
    Jray,

In another post I noticed that you mentioned you are a nurse, please correct me if I am wrong. But if I am correct I am going to talk to you nurse-to-nurse, okay?

Now, hypothetically speaking... if you were to have a pediatric patient who had a parent(s) who were facing two related drug charges, it would be your responsibility to report this to CPS. Would you, as a pediatric nurse, want this child to be returned to that environment before the investigation is complete?

As Excon mentioned, CPS has no power, do they care, to remove your husband from the home. Their concern is to remove the CHILD from the potentially harmful environment. Will CPS place the children in your custody? Most likely no because you are married to the offender. The children will go into temporary foster care until this is all sorted out. Most likely, for you and your husband to get them back he will have to undergo court ordered treatment for drug abuse.

Also remember, that as a nurse, you will be under scrutiny as well.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 07:01 AM
    first of all, I had NOTHING to do with any of this. My husband handles all the meds in the house, he even puts MINE out every morning and every night. He was in charge of giving his son (they're HIS kids), his meds, one every morning. I had NO IDEA that he was taking them whatsoever. So fo you to point fingers at me is completely ignorant. If I HAD known, I'd have done something about it. BUt I don't control that. But thank you for judging me by my post, and not asking about the full situation.
    As a nurse, that's not going to look good on you and only strengthens the case against your husband.

Nobody is pointing fingers at you. You asked a question and we answered. While you may not like the answers you get, you are getting unbiased opinions since we do not know you OR your husband.

You can either choose to hide under a rock or face the truth.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2010, 07:04 AM
    my husband has a few charges that he's facing from about 6 months ago, still hasn't been sentenced yet. Hoping to get probation. And then this past friday, he was arrested for filing a false police report, theft of medication, and endangering a child, because it was his son's meds he was accused of taking. Now we have the police reporting to social services about all this, and they have opened a case, and he's scared to death of having his kids taken away, he even mentioned he's kill himself if it ever happens, what can I do as his wife to help him through all this? I don't know what to do, except just listen to him when he talks about it.
    I've requested that your thread be moved to another forum, as this technically doesn't have anything to do with the law. Legally, there isn't much you can do - hire a lawyer and hope for the best.

Honestly, I don't know what you can do aside from listen to him and support him. Personally, I wouldn't allow him to handle the medications in your household any longer - one false charge I could understand, but two leads me to believe that this isn't just a mistake.

You keep mentioning that your husband "filed a false police report." What did he contact the police for? Why are they alleging that what he reported was false?

Mar 24, 2010, 07:04 AM

I may b e a nurse, but this man is also my husband, and these are my step children. So how could I report this to cps? The police officer already told me they were going to report it, so why should I? I know he'll be going through treatment, there's no doubt. But I'm just curious about what's going to happen to my husband and his children?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2010, 07:10 AM
    I may b e a nurse, but this man is also my husband, and these are my step children. So how could I report this to cps? the police officer already told me they were going to report it, so why should I? I know he'll be going through treatment, there's no doubt. But I'm just curious about whats going to happen to my husband and his children?
    ... did I just read this correctly? You think that you are above the law because you're married to someone? If those children are in danger and you knew about it and chose to turn a blind eye, I hope they slap some charges on you as well.

If you knew about it, you should have done something. I don't want to hear you cry the blues about how he's your husband and these are your stepkids - that alone should have made you intervene. If you really cared, you would have taken action in one form or another. Ignoring the problem shows just how much you "care."
    Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 07:14 AM
    You don't need to report this to CPS... I was using hypotheticals.

The best thing you can do right now is get a good, very good, criminal lawyer. As I stated above, your license may possibly be under scrutiny with all of this going on.

As a nurse myself, no medication gets given in my household without my knowledge. You admitted here that your husband was in control of all meds. Not good girl, not good.

Now, with all that said, I understand that you are scared, so is your husband. This is why you need a good attorney.

Understand that courts really do not want to separate families. There will be consequences to pay and rules to be followed. You will have to follow these to the T. But the first thing you need to do is get a good attorney.

Out of curiosity, it may help, would you mind telling me the medication?
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 07:19 AM
    first of all, I had NOTHING to do with any of this. My husband handles all the meds in the house. But thank you for judging me by my post, and not asking about the full situation.
    Hello again, j:

I'm not judging you. CPS will. I'm only going by the facts YOU present. Given those facts, it's my view that your "I had nothing to do with it, excuse" ain't going to fly with CPS. You were put on notice 6 months ago that your husband has a drug problem. To THEN allow him to "handle" the meds in your house, especially since you're a nurse, IS (I repeat) neglectful at the very least.

excon

Mar 24, 2010, 07:22 AM

My son takes adderoll. As do I, and about 4 others.
    And the charge of "fining a false report" was the officer believed that my husband filed the report of the medication being stolen, so he could use the police report to take to the doctor to get another script. I'm not really sure why anyone would believe that if I knew what was going on, I wouldn't have already done something. I don't ask his son every morning, "did your dad give you your meds?" maybe I should have, but I never felt a need to. I allow my husband to control the meds, because even though I'm a nurse, I always forget to take my meds, it may sound stupid, but when I was controlling them I would forget them here and there all the time. So he puts it out every morning, and every night for me. So whatever he's facing, I did nothing wrong, and I don'tbelieve he did either. I don't know why he would steal his own child's medications?

Mar 24, 2010, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, j:

I'm not judging you. CPS will. I'm only going by the facts YOU present. Given those facts, it's my view that your "I had nothing to do with it, excuse" ain't gonna fly with CPS. You were put on notice 6 months ago that your husband has a drug problem. To THEN allow him to "handle" the meds in your house, especially since you're a nurse, IS (I repeat) neglectful at the very least.

excon
    Oh my god... he makes ONE mistake, and now he's the devil, and shouldn't be allowed to be around any medication. You are ridiculous. Like I would really think he was taking his sons meds, when he's ALWAYS had mine out, NEVER one pill missing, so why would I even have ONE thought that he was misusing any meds in our house? I'm not a meglectful person, and I didn't NOTHING wrong... think what you want...
    Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 07:36 AM
    Okay, let's get to the bottom of this.

What was your husband's first drug charge about? I one thread you say you are bipolar...

I'm also Bipolar
    Found here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/marria...-459810-2.html

In that thread you also say that you and your husband work together in "sales."

And here you are jealous of your 10 year old step-daughter: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/childr...er-459575.html

My husband and I work together, and I"m a very jealous person.
    And this

I'm a nurse, and my advice to her is to never take more than 40mg of adderoll in a 24 hour period. It is a stimulant, which makes your heart beat faster, your blood thin, and it can kill you if you take too much. It usually takes about 24 hours to get out of your system, so if she can stand it, just have her take some benedryl, and go to sleep until the meds wear off. Adderoll is non addictive even though it's a controlled substance, but people do abuse it for energy. Just remember never take any medicine that isn't prescribed to you by YOUR doctor. You never know what kind of reaction you will have, including death. Is having energy to clean your house worth dying over?
    It seems that there are some VERY conflicting stories. Are you ready to come clean and tell us everything?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fired from job and accused of taking 250.00 dollars [ 5 Answers ]

I have been recently fired from my job at a Gym in my area. My boss claims that I stole 250 dollars in the past 4 weeks from people that make cash payments. He fired me and refused to give me my last paycheck which would have been 300.00 dollars. I left still maintaining my innocence but not...

Mother of my child has history with children services [ 2 Answers ]

Will the fact that my ex-girfriend has history with children services count in my favor in a custody battle? And would it also help my case if she has three other minor chilren whose fathers have custody of them & she hasn't paid her child support for them? What if any laws apply to my situation?

Taking naturally black hair to med/brown [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know EXACT color name and number and the right ratios of color and developer to make my naturally black roots go to a med/dark brown color. All supplies will come from professional beauty store, not a kit. mssherryk. Please give eaxact formula

Can taking a specific med. Cause migraines, and other... [ 2 Answers ]

I recently was in the hospitol for vomiting, blurry vision, seeing 2 of everything, very dizzy and off balance, and had a terrible migraine located in the front of my forehead. My doctor took me off 100 mg Zoloft about a month or so ago, then for 7days, 50mg Zoloft for 7 days, then 25mg along with...

View more questions Search