Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yellowannabe Posts: 67, Reputation: 12

Mar 24, 2010, 12:45 AM
    A Trip to the GNC Store
    So I'm heading to the GNC store to pick up some supplements (specifically Fish Oil Pills and Vitamin C) to aid the lightening process. What brands do you guys recommend and at what mg for the Vitamin C? Also, if there are any additional supplements, feel free to share ;-)

I'd hate to waste money or have to experiment if I can be steered in the right direction from the jump.

Thanks.
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Mar 24, 2010, 09:00 AM

Oh... so fish oil caps can help lightenx process?Hmm... didnt know that.My mum used to give me OMEGA 3 of GNLD...
    We learn everyday!

Mar 27, 2010, 07:42 AM

Yeah girl. Apparently it helps to give a bright and glowing complexion. Instead of GNC, I went to the vitamin shoppe and pick up 1000 mg of vitamin c, 50 mg of zinc and 500 mg of Primrose oil (fish pills). So I'm adding the pills to my regimen:1 Vit c pill, 1 zinc pill and 3 primrose oil pills a day.

Of course its too soon to see results... but I will keep you updated as to if these really help.
    SeriousChick Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 05:53 PM
    vitamin C with rosehips extract from 'now foods' is good, I order it online in bulk, to last me a year, otherwise its issues with customs every time I finish with one pot and order again.. your in the US, so Now foods products should be every where right?

Mar 27, 2010, 08:55 PM

@ seriouschick:

Thanks for the response. I actually haven't heard of "Now Foods" but I'm located in nyc, so I wouldn't doubt one exists here. How long did it take for you to see a difference with vitamin c? Also how much do you take a day?

I was thinking about building my intake up to 2000 mg a day.
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Mar 27, 2010, 09:51 PM

@Yellowannabe.
    Girl,Mistyjane posted a link on this site where they retail stuff.Have you gone to check it out?
    Hmm... me likey!

http://www.skinactives.com/landing3/?view=all
    SeriousChick Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2010, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowannabe View Post
    @ seriouschick:

Thanks for the response. I actually haven't heard of "Now Foods" but I'm located in nyc, so I wouldn't doubt one exists here. How long did it take for you to see a difference with vitamin c? Also how much do you take a day?

I was thinking about building my intake up to 2000 mg a day.
    Hey, I'm surprised now foods is supposed to be quite big in the US NOW Foods - the official site of NOW Foods, well so I thought! But you can take any brand, it doesn't really matter, yes 2000 mg is perfect, I used to buy it from Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site. I'm not a body builder, medium height slim girl lol, my bro orders his stuff from there so got mine too, but as I said you can use any brand vit C, I would advise the water and fat soluble version like the vitamin c ester, I got a discount code from another member in this forum for a skin lightening supplement its all in one, so I've stopped my vitamin c I got the lightening supplement from Yllume | 100 years of skincare secrets shelf life is like 2 years so I ordered a dozen! Lol, took full use of the discount! There's lots of options shop around..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do about a trip [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend bought us tickets 1 yr ago for a trip to Hawaii the trip is in 2 weeks. My problem is I weight 350lbs and I'm worried that I will have to pay for another ticket. I have tried to find anything online to find out what the weght limit is for 1 person can't find anything. Do I tell him I...

Going on a road trip. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 22 years old and I like mostly rock/alternative, rap/hip-hop, dance and r&b. I really need some songs to down load to fill up a some cds for the way there and back... can y'all help?! Just THROW ideas out there! Anything helps... THANKS!!

Trip to NY [ 1 Answers ]

My ultimate vacation would be to go to Manhattan ,ny! But the only problem I'm having is were to stay I want to be in downtown around everything so any on ideas on the best place to stay?? Also I would love to know what is the best things to see I know the basics like statue of liberty,time square...

General Store Owners' own personal purchases from the store [ 1 Answers ]

We have just started to run a general store as a family partnership of 4 people. We take out what we need for our own consumption but do we need to account for this in our yearly accounts please?

View more questions Search