Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjmilo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 05:23 PM
    My dryer is making a squeaky noise. What could it be?
    My dryer is squeaky. What could it be and how can it be fixed?
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Mar 23, 2010, 06:04 PM

It could be the belt, or it could be that the dryer is off balance and causing the barrel to slightly rub up against something, or maybe something lose like a bolt or something.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 06:18 PM

### While I was doctoring up my photo, saberwolfe answered your question.###

I was going to suggest it is either the idler pulley or the support wheels. Once you determine what is squeaking, I'd replace the belt while you're in there.

Hope this helps,
    WallyH
    Attached Images

applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Mar 24, 2010, 07:19 PM
    First, no information can be of any real use to you here without at least providing the brand name of the appliance and maybe even the model number off the appliance data tag. There are literally dozens of dryers out there, all with very different designs, different common failures, etc. There are several dryers that don't even have idler pulleys... The picture provided by Wally Helps is of a Whirlpool dryer. If you don't have a Whirlpool, it won't do you much good. If you're simply looking for information, most of these suggestions could be accurate, and there could be several more possibilities as well. If you're looking for repair assistance, let me know the prior-requested information and I will help if I can. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer makes LOUD squeaky noise with new main bearing. [ 0 Answers ]

My dryer White-Westinghouse, model DE350RW3 was making a loud squeaky noise and then just stopped - was out of order. I had a repair guy come in and replaced the back center bearing... it had broke off. He replaced it and it worked fine for about 2 months. Now the squeaky noise is back. I feel...

Dryer making noise [ 1 Answers ]

My dryer is empty but when I turn it on it sounds like I have a pair of shoes, what's wrong with it and how do I fix it?

Upstairs floors making squeaky noise? [ 3 Answers ]

Our house is about 30 years old and when we are downstairs and someone is walking up stairs you can hear the floors making this squeaky noise. What is causing this noise? We are planning on replacing the carpet but wondering if we need the floors repaired? If we need them repaired, what kind of...

Upstairs floors from making squeaky noise? [ 3 Answers ]

Our house is about 30 years old and when we are downstairs and someone is walking up stairs you can hear the floors making this squeaky noise. What is causing this noise? We are planning on replacing the carpet but wondering if we need the floors repaired? If we need them repaired, what kind of...

View more questions Search