Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wallabee4 Posts: 294, Reputation: 19

Dec 1, 2006, 11:23 AM
    How do you begin a class-action lawsuit?
    Am doing business with a company that I have suddenly discovered is providing false information in their marketing and in their manuals and int the customers ervice and I am not alone in how much time and $ this company has cost me and my business. I never would have had the problems with the equipment that I have if the company ahd been honest about their product, had given me correct information to begin with, or had implemented a way to update product users post-purcahse to potential flwas and errors in manuals and maintenance. This has cost my comanpy actual $ and loss of potential business. And, as I said, I am not alone. I can gather others like me form an on-line forum. How is a lawsuit begun by one person if it is class-cation, and who pays the legal costs and how do I get the word out (beyind a little on-line forum) and what type of a lawyer is needed to handle it?
    Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2006, 12:09 PM
    Hello wallabee:

The first thing you do is shop in the yellow pages for a lawyer. They're classified by specialty. If you shop well, you'll learn a great deal - for free. You'll have to find a lawyer who will handle YOUR damages first. That OUGHT to be uppermost in your mind. Whether others collect ---- well, I don't know what your concern is. If causing the offending company pain is your goal, then if you prosecute them well, it'll cause 'em plenty of pain.

If you have a good case, the lawyer will take it on a contingency basis. That means it won't cost you anything unless you win. If he doesn't take it on contingency, you can't afford to hire him hourly. If you can't find a lawyer who'll take the case on a contingency, you don't have a case.

If enough of your cohorts also file suit, then a judge somewhere, may classify the suit as a class action. But that's down the road – maybe, and it doesn't have a whole lot to do with whether you recover YOUR losses. You do what's best for you, and hope others will do the same.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge Ram Dashboard - Class Action Law Suit! [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there is a class action law suit currently against Dodge in regards to the inferior dashboards they put in the Dodge Ram 1500 trucks? If not does anyone know how to start a class action lawsuit? I know I am not alone in this and I think we should all band together to get...

Where do I begin ; ) [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 35 year old female. I am 5'2 and 200lbs (I know I am overweight) On August 1, 2002 I had a grand mal seizure while on a break at work. ( I am an exec. Assistant). I was taken by ambulance to the local hospital where I spent a few weeks have one seizure after another. They ran a...

How Do I Begin? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question for anyone that could help me through this. I was asked to build a website for a growing company because I have previous experience in school building them, and friends with the owner of the company but in the past I have only used geocities for my own personal sites, and have...

Lawsuit [ 1 Answers ]

My, now out of business, corporation has been sued by a purveyor and they have obtained a judgement against it. My question is, If the name of the corporation is wrong in the lawsuit, is the judgement binding?

View more questions Search